You will not lose UNLIMITED DATA! - ANSWERED!
LBtrw
Enthusiast - Level 2

... as long as you don't start a new contract or pay the subsidized price for a new phone. Meaning when your next "upgrade" is available, you must pay full price to keep your grandfathered data plan.

Here is a great explanation: SOURCE

• *EDIT: Upon switching from a 3G device to 4G you will need to purchase a tiered data plan.
  • *EDIT2 - The tiered share data plans take affect JUNE 28TH 2012!

This answers all the Verizon hate threads about being FORCED to lose their unlimited data. (Please stop the rumors!)

Have a good day!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: You will not lose UNLIMITED DATA! - ANSWERED!
Not applicable

I was just told by Tidbits that if you upgrade form a 3G phone to a 4G phone you can't keep unlimited even if you paid full price

0 Likes
LBtrw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correction! This is true!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you upgrade BEFORE July 28 you will keep your data plan.  If you upgrade after that date and take subsidization for your phone and sign a 2 year you will have to pick one of the newer plans.  If you buy the device outright after that date you will keep your current plans.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Oh so now you're saying if the upgrade to a 4G phone before June 28th they can still keep unlimited? Yeah they kind of need a STRAIGHT answer within the next 10 days.

0 Likes
You will not lose UNLIMITED DATA! - ANSWERED!
Tidbits
Legend

Anything you do BEFORE June 28 you can keep unlimited.  It's just after the date the NEW plans go into effect affects the plan.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Fine I'll tell them that if they want to keep their unlimited they have to upgrade and pay full price before the 28th. They might even stay with Verizon. They were really ticked the other day when I informed themt hey couldn't keep unlimited and still get a discount. They were looking forward to upgrading to a 4G phone in Oct when their upgrade was. Now not only do they not get a discount they have to come up with $600 in 10 days or wait until Oct to upgrade with a discount then have to pay $50 a month for 5 GB because 2 GB won't be enough. So thus they pay $20 more a month for data which is $480 more over the next 2 years which pretty much negates the discount. They've already told me that they are seriously thinking about just waiting out their contract in February and leaving Verizon. How Verizon thinks it will make MORE money on this when current customers are leaving and potential customers are scared off by this grand new scheme is beyond me.

Not applicable

A couple more questions. They want to know if they upgrade to a 4G phone and pay full price before the 28th does that extend their contract or does their contract still run out in February as it is currently scheduled to? And if it does run out in February then they'd be month to month right? And do they still keep that unlimited being on month to month?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No it will not extend the contract.  Yes if that is the end of their contract date.  Yes anyone who is on month to month will keep their unlimited data.  Until Verizon decides to phase it completely out.  It could be 1 year from now or 5 years from now.

Not applicable

Thank you. I will let them know. If I were a betting man I suspect Verizon ends it closer to 1 year than 5 years.

0 Likes