Verizon to ditch phone plans, go with shared plans
fskaf
Enthusiast - Level 1

New plans are on their way very soon. Here we go! For your reading pleasure.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/verizon-ditch-phone-plans-shared-120639203.html

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon to ditch phone plans, go with shared plans
B33
Legend

But they don't go into affect till after the 28 of June.. So if your at a place were you can upgrade to a new Device Now an keep the Unlimited.!!  Go for it..

0 Likes
0ryanx

If they're changing the plans and contracts on us, does that mean we can cancel the contract with no penalty, or are we pretty much hosed on this deal?

0 Likes
Ramseycockinner

This is complete nonsense.  My phone bill goes up $15 and I get what exactly?  I use less than 400 minutes of talk every month, because of Imessages I use less than 500 texts, and with wifi how much data do you really use?  Nonsense!!

0 Likes
florida123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, our bill goes higher and we will get 1gb of data ( for new customers) No matter what , the customer is always paying more for less. Metro pcs is starting to look real good for half the monthly charges.

0 Likes
oldarcher

Watching the potential market share change in the coming weeks and months will be fun!

0 Likes
envision78
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a long time customer of two family plans and now former investor of Verizon I will be completely jumping ship... Unbelievable that a company like this with so much potential is making such stupid decisions... Selling stock... and getting out of my plans when they are up for renewal... The stock will go up initially as the investors look at the increase in profits that are supposed to occur, unfortunately this will be a Netflix disaster...

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

0ryanx wrote:

If they're changing the plans and contracts on us, does that mean we can cancel the contract with no penalty, or are we pretty much hosed on this deal?

Nothing changes on your current contract.  When the contract expires, and YOU decide to upgrade, that's when you'll need to make a plan change.  If you choose to purchase a phone through a private party, and NOT use Verizon or its agents to upgrade with a discounted phone, or you choose to pay full retail for a phone from Verizon, then you can stay on your current plan, no changes.  So, no, you cannot cancel your current contract without penalty - the new plans do not have any effect on your current plan.

And, as I read it, they are not "ditching" the current family plans and individual line tiered data - the "share everything" plans are another option for multiple lines on one account.

0 Likes