Any fix on home key and search key not working?
caroleb66
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got this phone about a month ago but never had time to really learn it until now and so far I am not impressed. Should have stayed with HTC and too late to change. My home key and search key do not work. I have tried a reset and nothing. Anyone have a fix for this? And his 4G thing? ya. Again my 3g HTC worked better.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Any fix on home key and search key not working?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caroleb66:

This sounds like a hardware issue, so I'm going to ensure that we cover some possible causes to get this fixed. Have you tried removing the battery from the phone? Have you tried cleaning the screen thoroughly with a damp, moist, soft cloth? Also, do you have a case on the phone? If you've tried all of this, perhaps a master reset will fix this. Let us know any updates. Thanks!

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
caroleb66
Enthusiast - Level 2

You work for Verizon? Anddon't know that this phone does not have a

removable battery?

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

B33
Legend

Ouch..

For Soft Reset of the Razr /Razr Maxx it Requires: This Procedure.. This Came from the Verizon Website..b33

Soft Reset - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA  

Note A soft reset is the most useful tool for resolving a variety of issues. In most cases, a soft reset will not affect data on the device, unless the battery is very low.

1. Press and hold power button + volume down key until the device powers off then release.
    Power and Volume Down keys
0 Likes
OnTheEdge46
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Droid Razr doesn't have a user-removable battery.

I also encountered an issue where my home key got reassigned to another function, such as not working at all and then only opening a "choose for default operation" menu that didn't give me an option to make it a home key again.  I found it was from downloading a launcher from the play store and it's corresponding unlocker.  It basically took over my phone and severely limited the UI.  After uninstalling the software there was still a resident program that wouldn't stop running and it wasn't detected by my task manager (a virus).   I had to go through a complete "factory default' reset - which required me to re-install all my market apps.

To do a factory reset, go to Menu>Settings>Privacy>Factory data reset.

But first you may want to go to Menu>Settings> and use the backup assistant for your contacts so you don't have to key them in individually.

Hope this fixes the problem for you.  I'm on my third Razr in two months for various issues.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

But you got it Fixed Aron.. and No more Issues so far Correct ?  I try to Stray away from things i'm not Sure of or if i want to Give it a Go i will Come on here an Ask for Info on a Particular Subject.. Good Luck with Razr.. b33

0 Likes
Not applicable

The Razr Maxx is a great phone and works perfectly including 4G.  If your phone is not working, it's either defective or you have downloaded an app that has created a problem.

0 Likes