1 2 3 4 Previous Next 35 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2014 7:13 AM by kening RSS

Upgrade fee

harbaumboys

Why does Verizon feel the need to charge more fees?  Do they not value the customers that have been loyal to them.   The CEOS must need more vacation pay. 

• 1. Re: Upgrade fee
          doggylover

I agree with your post.  I think the upgrade fee is just another way for them to get more money and unnecessary!  I asked about it and was told it was to help with improvements to the website and that they will offer classes on how to use your phone.  Well, I really don't care about taking classes on how to use my phone and why should I pay for them to make improvements to their website?!  What a joke!  Verizon really doesn't care about their customers and is all about making the most money they can for the least amount of services.  I am very unhappy with them will tell all my friends and anyone else I meet not to use them.  There are much cheaper plans with other carriers.  Unfortunately they have gotten too big and now cannot be reigned in.  They will continue to monopolize the market and charge unreasonable rates as long as the government doesn't stop them.  What ashame!  I used to love this company and now I just detest it.

There is no reward for customer loyalty!  Upgrade fees, no more discounted phone every two years, what next?   

• 2. Re: Upgrade fee
            renabarrettr

I agree I think it's all becoming a joke. I have been a customer for over 10 years and they tell me that they have lowered the price on plans but for some odd reason I'm paying more and they want to go and charge an upgrade fee just to buy a phone from them.

• 3. Re: Upgrade fee

Quit asking this question and quit griping about it. If you don't like it LEAVE and go with another provider. Oh wait they ALL charge and upgrade fee. And quit bring up loyalty. That's the biggest joke. You're not loyal. If another company offered the same service for a cheaper price you'd leave. That's not being loyal. I've been "loyal" to Burger King for 40 years. Where's my discounts? Don't I deserve free stuff for being "loyal"?

• 4. Re: Upgrade fee
                kcall68

Do you work for verizon , Brian68????  Anyone who thinks getting charged $30 per phone for nothing and thinks we shouldn't  complain cannot be that smart or is directly affected i.e. pay bonus, by it.

• 5. Re: Upgrade fee
                  Ann154

The other three major carriers also charge an upgrade fee. Sprint and ATT currently charge $36 for their customers to upgrade their phones regardless of the phone price. T-Mobile has a fee of $18 for customers that upgrade their phones.

• 6. Re: Upgrade fee
                    homeistexas

I was told in their store that all the other cell companies charge it so they started it. I think its just like the airlines what ever they see the other ones doing and getting away with it they start doing it. It could be stopped if people would quit paying it. When the first company started it everyone that was due an upgrade should have left and went to a different company but unfortunately there are to many people out there that are willing to pay.

• 7. Re: Upgrade fee
                      21stNow

homeistexas wrote:

I was told in their store that all the other cell companies charge it so they started it. I think its just like the airlines what ever they see the other ones doing and getting away with it they start doing it. It could be stopped if people would quit paying it. When the first company started it everyone that was due an upgrade should have left and went to a different company but unfortunately there are to many people out there that are willing to pay.

I'm curious if you will take your own advice.  Will you leave VZW and go to a prepaid company that doesn't charge upgrade fees?

• 8. Re: Upgrade fee
                        homeistexas

no im not leaving cause they all charge it now and im not interested in pre paid cause they are higher . If you would have red what I said is it should have happened when the first company started it. If people would have left the first company I believe they would have made them wake up and stopped charging it. They charge it because they can and they get away with it.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next