2 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 9:13 PM by ooklah RSS

Cannot activate phone/SIM card

ooklah

Hi,I have been having an issue activating my Galaxy Nexus through My Verizon over that past 2 months. I switch between this phone and my BlackBerry Bold pretty regularly and it was working fine up until mid-March or so.

The problem occurs when I go to activate a NEW SIM card. After entering the card number, it takes me to a new page saying that my device requires a new plan. It forces me to choose a new Single line plan... The problem here is that I am on (and account owner) of a family plan. Before this all happened I only had to choose a "new" data plan (unlimited) and I would be on my merry way.

What is the issue here? I've contacted customer service and gone into my local corporate store but no one has any answers. They can all activate my phone/SIM card fine, but I would really like to have the convenience of activating it myself back.

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Cannot activate phone/SIM card
          Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hello ooklah,

I want you to be able to manage your account the way you should be able to!  Are you getting a specific error message when submitting the change?  Are you able to make the change when calling into customer service?  Do you typically change back to the Nexus the same night after activating Blackberry?  I am eager to review your response so we can find a solution.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
          Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

• 2. Re: Cannot activate phone/SIM card
            ooklah

Thank you for the reply. I do not receive an error message. After inputting the SIM card number in, it goes to a new page telling me a new single line plan is required and I have to choose minutes, text messages, etc (I'm on a family plan, not single line). The customer service reps in store and on the phone are able to activate the SIM card without any issues. Timing didn't seem to matter much. It could have been days or weeks between phone swaps and I would still have the same problem.

However, just the other day I received a new SIM in the mail and I was able to successfully activate it through the website. So maybe there was just a hiccup in the process that has now been resolved. I guess I won't really know for sure until I switch around my phones again.

If I run into the same issue I'll be sure to come back and report it. Thanks again for the help!