Hello lildickets! I'm really sorry to learn about your phone. It sounds like the device will need to be replaced. I can help you with that! Please follow 'ME' and send a private message. If you provide your contact number and the best time to call I will have the replacement sent out to you.
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport
I have tried powering on holding power as well as the down and up volume buttons (on separate occasions of course). A couple times it said it could not fast load because the battery was too low, but it is now charged and do not get anything.
REMOVE THE BATTERY IS A MUST HERE..
Try this method..
- Power the device off.
Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
If the device isn't responding Remove / replace the battery.
- Press and hold Volume down then press the Power button (approx. 3-5 seconds) to power the device on. Continue holding Volume down.
- When Fastboot appears (located at the top), release Volume down.
- Press Volume down (seven times) to select Android Recovery then press Volume up.
- When presented with the Android screen, simultaneously press Volume up / down.
- Press Volume down (twice) to select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power button.
- Press Volume down (once) to select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
- When the data wipe is complete, ensure reboot system now is selected then press the Power button.
- Perform Initial Setup.
- Power the device off.
My phone has started doing the exact same thing within the last 2 days. I can not get it to turn on at all. Is completely stuck at "starting RSD protocol support" screen
I have the same problem. Droid x2 went through changes with no input from me; volume went to vibration only then rebooted itself, a brief message I could not read, then rebooted and " starting rsd protocol support." any suggestions?
Dennis Novak, MD
When I hold the volume down and it powers on....nothing changes.
I am now having the same trouble and I am stuck. I have tried the suggestions listed below with no change. Please help me...
Had to buy a new phone. Too soon for free upgrade. Total 3 droids in 20
months. X, X2 and now RazrMax. Hope this one lasts better. Not ready to sell
out to Apple yet
But getting close!
Another victim of the same problem here. Stuck at the "Starting RSD..." screen today and no combibation of holding down or up the volume buttons lets me restart in any other mode. Phone is now useless. Same as the OP but no low battery messages were received. Problem started in the same way as dennisnoval above.Is there nothing that can be done other than replacement?