Droid RAZR Shutting Down on it's Own.
JFrank1989

I've had this Droid RAZR for about three months now and I'm loving it compared to my Bionic which was awful. However, I'm having an issue with the RAZR shutting itself off at random times. Sometimes in my pocket and sometimes when it's just set on a table. I used to think that it was me leaning on the power button or something until this morning when I accidentally flipped it over on my desk. It wasn't anything harmful; just like playing tiddlywinks. It shut off immediately. My initial reaction is that there must be something wrong with the accelerometer. So maybe whenever I shake it, it turns off. I grabbed the RAZR and shook it repeatedly back and forth (no harder than tossing a baseball back and forth between hands) and sure enough, it shut off.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this something that my warranty should cover? It's not really critical, but it's really annoying to be waiting for an email or text and not get it for 30 minutes just to check my phone and see it was off the whole time...

Ugh! Help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid RAZR Shutting Down on it's Own.
B33
Legend

This is something i will Certainly Look into:: Just one thing i want to Ask is your SIM CARD fully Locked in there is a spring Mechanism Like some phones have for SD Cards that you have to give it a little extra push to fully seat it in. A Sim Tool can help to do this but Verizon don't provide those I used a Wooden Round Tooth Pick Cut to a Blunt Face on both ends to Fully seat my Card..B33

0 Likes
JFrank1989

Everything is seated and in place. The SIM Card is locked and loaded.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

It certainly COULD be a rogue APP causing your problem..  How frequently does it occur? If somewhat predictable say over several hours, I'd boot into SAFE MODE and run that same amount of time to see if it settles down. If it does not shit down on its own in that mode, you have a faulty APP ...  When did the problem start? If you can put your finger on a specific time period, you can go into Market and sort your Apps by the dates they were installed or updated and start Uninstalling them after that dae, just to test.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Duly Noted time to find some Answers!!  may be a little Bit..  If any one else has had this same issue Let us Know thanks B33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
JFrank1989

Unfortunately, it's been like this since Day 1. I've tried factory resetting and installing over again but it has still not resolved the issue. As far as frequency, it only seems to happen when it's in my pocket and I'm being active (walking downtown, moving things in the office, etc.) or when I move it pretty quickly (i.e.: toss it on my bed, or move it across my desk.

It's doesn't happen when charging or on my docking station. Only when it's in motion if that makes sense...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cody thanks for Mentioning that:  why i recommended the Sim Check is before i got my Maxx i was Looking at the Regular Razr One of them at our local store an when i turned it on it's Side to take a look at the Sim a SD Slot i Open the Door an the Sim Card Basically came out at me..Lol  the Phone Died but when i put it back into the Razr..it re-powered back up all was fine..b33

I would like to Add  THE  SITE   is Running Very Slow Can Something be done to Address this..

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

JFrank1989 wrote:

Unfortunately, it's been like this since Day 1. I've tried factory resetting and installing over again but it has still not resolved the issue. As far as frequency, it only seems to happen when it's in my pocket and I'm being active (walking downtown, moving things in the office, etc.) or when I move it pretty quickly (i.e.: toss it on my bed, or move it across my desk.

It's doesn't happen when charging or on my docking station. Only when it's in motion if that makes sense...

Can you reproduce it by "tosssing" it onto the bed??  If so, again, just for grins, try running in Safe Mode and test it.  And to be clear, when you said from "Day 1" & after a "F.R." -- Really from Day 1 with NO 3rd party Apps loaded? Just the Stock OS ?  'cause if you did a F.R. and just allowed it to auto-reload all your Apps, you COULD have reinstalled a bad App ...   There is a free APP in Market called "Z-Device Test" that runs system "tests" on various hardware components, one of them being the Accelerometer.  Too bad that this has been happening since "Day 1", cause you could have returned it for a new replacement within 14 days ... Last thing you could try is do the F.R. again, but this time make sure you turn off the feature to auo-intstall your Apps, and test it.  Good luck.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cody she could have a cracked Circuit board..if it was twisted just a little bit. while in her Pocket

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Jf Do you know how to Send Direct Messages Put your Mouse pointer on my Screen Name an Check to Follow to send DM's

0 Likes