8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 4:01 AM by Ann154 RSS

4 Month Early Upgrade?

Victor1995

I currently have the LG Ally and I already replaced it about 3-4 times and going to replace it again...anyway, the "My Verizon" app on android says "Yes, you are eligible based on your current plan". When I called 2 days ago they said I can upgrade in August. I'm confused. So am I able to get a 4 month early upgrade? I wanna upgrade to the iPhone 4S. I don't mind renewing my 2 year contract, paying an extra $15 for the 2GB Data package, and paying the early upgrade fee.

(Also, my dad is the primary account holder)

(On a family plan)

• 1. Re: 4 Month Early Upgrade?
          Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hello Victor1995. Thank you for reaching out to the community for clarification on the upgrade date. May I ask have you called #UPG on your current device to verify the upgrade status of your line? If you haven't then I encourage you to do so. If you are still confused about the upgrade date then please reply to this message as it would be my pleasure to look it up for you. ^AH

• 2. Re: 4 Month Early Upgrade?
            Victor1995

well my dad called them and they said in August but on the app it says I can upgrade and the green bar passed the 6 but the bar isn't full

• 3. Re: 4 Month Early Upgrade?
              SuzyQ

Were any of the 3-4 times you replaced the phone warranty or insurance?  The insurance replacement MAY have reset your upgrade eligibility date.  If Verizon records are showing August, then that's what Verizon is going to go by.  "Passed the 6" sounds like you have just under 6 months left till upgrade, which would be right about August....  and you do realize you CAN upgrade at any time, you  just won't get the discounted pricing anytime.

• 4. Re: 4 Month Early Upgrade?
                Victor1995

I heard that there's a 4 month early upgrade and August is 4 months away April. So is that it?

• 5. Re: 4 Month Early Upgrade?
                  SuzyQ

Victor1995 wrote:

I heard that there's a 4 month early upgrade and August is 4 months away April. So is that it?

August IS your early upgrade date, going by what you have said here.  Your 24 month contract likely ends in December, so August is 20 months into the contract, and Verizon does allow you to purchase a phone at a discount (upgrade) at that point - 4 months before your contract ends.

• 6. Re: 4 Month Early Upgrade?
                    Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hi Victor1995, if the My Verizon mobile application is not displaying the correct date, you can confirm your upgrade date by logging into your My Verizon account online at www.vzw.com.  You can also reach out to me directly, and I can confirm the correct upgrade date for you.  Just as SuzyQ mentioned, your equipment eligibility date is 4 months prior to the 2 year (24 month) contract end date.  If your line isn’t eligible, is there another line on your account currently eligible for upgrade?  I can go over options with you.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW
                    VZW Support
                    Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

• 7. Re: 4 Month Early Upgrade?
                      Victor1995

Can you confirm the correct date please and maybe see if anyone else on the family plan is eligible

• 8. Re: 4 Month Early Upgrade?
                        Ann154

Victor1995

Your account owner has to log into the MyVerizon account for your family plan. This is a customer peer to peer forum and we don't have access to your account information.

Don't post your personal information on this public forum.