3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2012 6:48 PM by budone RSS

when your about to go over your minutes

always4

Why does verizon not have more options (or better ones) for people who are about to go over their minutes?  The 2 options I know of are 1) to change your minutes plan or 2) use promotional minute that may be on your account.

1)    Changing your plan is a hassle. I do not think I am the only person who does not like to do that.  It makes your bill look a lot more confusing and can even mess it up (which it has in the past for me).   

2)    Promotional minutes- I talked to a supervisor when I called verizon today, asked her if I had any, no.  I believe it has been over a year since I used them.  I asked her how do you get them since I didnot want to change my minutes plan, she did not know.  So I asked to speak to her boss. The call ended with her hanging up on me.

Does anyone else want verizon to create a way for their customers to get extra minutes without having to change their plan?   All I want is to be able to add extra minutes to my plan occasionly.  Is that too much to ask?  Once a year maybe?   Its not like I am asking for roll over minutes (which would be extremely sweet).   Even if there was a $10 package I could buy to add 500 extra minute to my account, I would do that (since that is what the representative said it would cost to upgrade/change my plan).      Any help, agreement or advise would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: when your about to go over your minutes
          budone

How hard is it to choose a new plan and choose the option to backdate the plan. Once the billing cycle is over change it back. There is no charge to plan changes online, except the cost of the plan. Corporate stores do not charge to change either. But associate stores may.

• 2. Re: when your about to go over your minutes
            always4

The last time I had changed my plan to avoid the overage charges, I did it with a rep over the phone.  When I got my bill there was prorated charges and discounts all over the place and on top of it I had even recieved charges for minutes.  It was a complete mess and I spent a headache of a time on the phone trying to fix and figure out the mess. I will more than likely change my plan in a few days, just to change it back when my new cycle starts. Though it may not be a headache for you, it is for me and my past bills show it. I will try it online like you say and just hope it goes as smoothly as it has for you (I will let you know if it does).

• 3. Re: when your about to go over your minutes
              budone

always4 wrote:

The last time I had changed my plan to avoid the overage charges, I did it with a rep over the phone.  When I got my bill there was prorated charges and discounts all over the place and on top of it I had even recieved charges for minutes.  It was a complete mess and I spent a headache of a time on the phone trying to fix and figure out the mess. I will more than likely change my plan in a few days, just to change it back when my new cycle starts. Though it may not be a headache for you, it is for me and my past bills show it. I will try it online like you say and just hope it goes as smoothly as it has for you (I will let you know if it does).

There will be if you do not backdate the change.