1 2 3 Previous Next 557 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2012 1:52 PM by moderator RSS

Remove the $30 Upgrade Fee

jparker11

Hi everyone,

This new $30 upgrade fee is completely unnecessary.  It provides no new services to me as a consumer and will simply serve to line the pockets of the stock holders.  I have submitted a complaint over the phone and I am looking for other ways to let Verizon know what I think.

Has anyone found a better way to be heard?

Verizon has been good about listening in the past, hopefully they will listen again!

• 1. Re: Remove the $30 Upgrade Fee
          Ann154

This is new to me. How did you upgrade and where? What was the fee called exactly?

• 2. Re: Remove the $30 Upgrade Fee
            jparker11

Sorry I should have posted the link.

The fee will start being charged on the 22nd of April.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/04/bl2012-04-11.html

• 3. Re: Remove the $30 Upgrade Fee
              askjeeves

You know, this is actually one of the things i don't agree with Verizon about.

• 4. Re: Remove the $30 Upgrade Fee
                notarep

Awww, vz was the last one who didn't impose that fee.

• 5. Re: Remove the $30 Upgrade Fee
                  facedown41

Verizon, listen up. There is a reason people have stayed with you through all the ** and this is the one big reason. You start charging people an extra $30 on top of the $35 activation fee to get a new phone and your customer base will shrink very quickly. I for one will no longer be a verizon customer in any way (phone, cable, or internet) if you start charging me to upgrade my phone to stay on your network. Better back away and reverse this decision just like you did the $2 fee you tried back in december or I'm gone to one of your more reasonably priced, offering more to its customers, competitors.

• 6. Re: Remove the $30 Upgrade Fee
                    notarep

facedown41 wrote:

Verizon, listen up. There is a reason people have stayed with you through all the ** and this is the one big reason. You start charging people an extra $30 on top of the $35 activation fee to get a new phone and your customer base will shrink very quickly. I for one will no longer be a verizon customer in any way (phone, cable, or internet) if you start charging me to upgrade my phone to stay on your network. Better back away and reverse this decision just like you did the $2 fee you tried back in december or I'm gone to one of your more reasonably priced, offering more to its customers, competitors.

This charge is for when you UPGRADE your phone, not start a new line of service. Sucks either way.

• 7. Re: Remove the $30 Upgrade Fee
                      Ann154

Interesting. I am not sure how I feel about it either. Droid-Life and some of the other Android sites are reporting it too. Droid-Life even has a screenshot of how and when this fee would apply.

I think I liked a comment that was posted on Droid-Life. The comment suggested that the fee be applied to those who need help with phone setup and information transfer. Then for those who can do all that themselves, have the fee waived.

I can usually setup my own phones. The last basic phone I purchased was done online and activated at home. So was the Droid Eris when I got. The HTC Thunderbolt was a new account so it was activated in store, but the only setup done there was signing into the Google account. The Nexus was activated in store too because I needed a new micro SIM card. I did the setup at home.

• 8. Re: Remove the $30 Upgrade Fee
                        budone

Much like airlines who follow the first to raise ticket fees, VZW is the last to finally do this. Not crazy about it at all.

• 9. Re: Remove the $30 Upgrade Fee
                          JD12345678

Along the lines of the Verizon thinking, Lets swindle more out of our current customers

1 2 3 Previous Next