1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2013 7:20 AM by Dblblkdiam RSS

Getting charged for sevice after I switched from verizon

exvrzn

I canceled my verizon service as of March 10th.  I just received a past due notice from Verizion stating I owe the full amount, including 3/11 - 3/26, even though I was no longer in service.  They still expect me to pay.

I called customer service and the first person I spoke to said they could prorate my account, she put me on hold for the supervisor and I got disconnected. Called back and was told a whole different story on why I was being charged a past due amount. Finally got a supervisor who said too bad, that's how the bill gets automatically generated and I have to pay for the service up to the end of the next billing period, there is nothing anyone can do. And amazingly they just had a big meeting earlier today going over how they can't credit customers back current charges for services they do not have?  Why should I have to pay for a canceled service??? So frustrated right now!

• 1. Re: Getting charged for sevice after I switched from verizon
          Tidbits

exvrzn wrote:

I canceled my verizon service as of March 10th.  I just received a past due notice from Verizion stating I owe the full amount, including 3/11 - 3/26, even though I was no longer in service.  They still expect me to pay.

I called customer service and the first person I spoke to said they could prorate my account, she put me on hold for the supervisor and I got disconnected. Called back and was told a whole different story on why I was being charged a past due amount. Finally got a supervisor who said too bad, that's how the bill gets automatically generated and I have to pay for the service up to the end of the next billing period, there is nothing anyone can do. And amazingly they just had a big meeting earlier today going over how they can't credit customers back current charges for services they do not have?  Why should I have to pay for a canceled service??? So frustrated right now!

I believe all carriers have this provision if you are under contract that it isn't prorated.  Did you cancel your service while under contract?

• 2. Re: Getting charged for sevice after I switched from verizon
            exvrzn

No, I am not under contract. I was actually told they used to be able to do it, but had a meeting "earlier today" and was told they no longer can help customers with that problem. He then told me the person I previously spoke to (the one that disconnected with me while trying to do it) probably doesn't know this rule yet.

• 3. Re: Getting charged for sevice after I switched from verizon
              Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hello exvrzn,

I am sorry that you decided to stop your service with us.  I would like to help clarify the cancellation process and if necessary, I would be more than happy to make any corrections.  Do you know what your original bill cycle date was before cancelling?  I would like to take a closer look at the account.  I sent you a request to follow YaleK_VZW, please send me a Direct Message with your previous mobile number and your name.  I look forward to hearing from you so we can determine a solution.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
              Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

• 4. Re: Getting charged for sevice after I switched from verizon
                exvrzn

Hello YaleK_VZW ,

I do not know where to find the request you sent me or how to follow. Can I send you my info thru this email??

• 5. Re: Getting charged for sevice after I switched from verizon
                  Ann154

No, don't post your information on the community. Everyone will be able to see it. When you sign into the community from a computer, click on the "Action" link. It is the red box with a check inside. There you can accept his follow request.

Alternately, you should have gotten an email from the community stating that you have an action item waiting. You can follow the link there to accept the follow request..

• 6. Re: Getting charged for sevice after I switched from verizon
                    B33
                    Here's How to Get A hold of the Employee Requesting you to Follow..

To get a hold of one of the Wireless Employee that's trying to Assist in helping answer a Question or solve an Issue you Need to Put your Mouse on there Screen Name, Or this Box shown Here when you do that it Brings Up a Bigger Box as you See this slide your Mouse down to were it says Follow Click it. You will see a big blue Bar towards the Bottom that says waiting approval  Meaning the party you want to follow has to Approve to let you follow them. Now Once they give the Approval they will send one back to you An you will see it in the Actions Box Look up just a little it's Red with a Check in it.  Go in there you will see these Three choices Look in your Notifications for new Followers that want to Follow you will have {Accept}  {Reject}  {Ignore}  For your Choices:  To let them follow you an then send a D.M. = Direct Message you will need to Check Accept then you a Can send your Private Messages or Cell phone  Information instead of Posting it on the Main Post were other Eye's can Read it.  Sending a D.M. is Easy,  It's Fast, An It's Safe. B33  

ChristinaB_VZW   <<< This is the Box you need to put your mouse on to Bring up the Bigger Box an to then Check Follow:  

• 7. Re: Getting charged for sevice after I switched from verizon
                      B33

To the Jive Managers i Enjoy helping ones to find there Way to Get Help From the Employees But We Really Need On the Main Page of the Forum in Big Bold Letters How to Get this Help. I have seen many in this Situation an i 'm sure after while they get frustrated an leave because they can't figure out how to do this.. Use my method if you want to but please let ones know how to get the help they so desperately Need. Thanks B33

• 8. Re: Getting charged for sevice after I switched from verizon
                        sgall9

YaleK_VZW ,

I too am having a problem with Verizon charging me for service after I cancelled.  What can I do to get the situation resolved?

• 9. Re: Getting charged for sevice after I switched from verizon
                          Tidbits

Pay it. If you canceled after your billing cycle ended you will have a bill, but it should be prorated.

1 2 Previous Next