I.C.S.FOR RAZR & MAXX..Well Not Yet But this is what there Going With the Update Is 6.12.181
B33
Legend

According to a Article i read in Droid-Life I.C.S Soak Test Could Begin Next Week if this is So We should Get the Update shortly after That.. B33

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/03/30/razr-razr-maxx-and-htc-rezound-receiving-ice-cream-sandwich-upd...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I.C.S. FOR RAZR & RAZR MAXX
VoXRAZR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find it funny that Verizon hasn't said a word about it.

Could it be that they've become Ultra-Corporate and like their employees, all customers are expendable?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless never tells customers of an upcoming update until they are about to push it out to them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Well I hope everyone is happy and that it dont screw up the phone as it did when I had Fascinate and they put Froyo on it and then the Revolution when they went from Froyo to Gingerbread. I just got Razr a month ago and didn't want to get a new phone so soon. As soon as we get ICS they will talk about next OS and everyone will be wanting that months before it comes out.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That is true: The only reason i put this on here is to make one's aware of it that didn't know it came out on Droid-Life..i was not indicating the release of an Update.. just the Soak Test an if the Test does not go well then there back to the Drawing board. So it not here Yet!  an as Ann stated  Verizon Won't tell Customers when it is here..

0 Likes
VoXRAZR
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're right. Having Jelly Beach 5.0 would be great. If they just wouldn't show us all the cool features and all it has to offer then I would stay content with the current OS I have.

They always have to go and market their products and show off lol.

Also, FYI Verizon, It's a VERY poor choice to keeps customers in the dark about updates. I realize we're so expendable, just like Wal-Mart employees (You won't know this feeling unless you 've worked there before) but one day this treatment will bite you in the ass. Hard.

We deserve the respect from such large corporation.Even Apple doesn't keep people in the dark, and Apple makes terrible products.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless isn't the only wireless carrier who doesn't announce phone updates. ATT, T-mobile and the others don't announce updates until they are happening.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If you mean Jelly Bean...  You can read about some of the reported features that it will come with from http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/android-jelly-bean-what-we-expect-to-see-10...

As for the reason that a carrier does not report any up and coming updates because after a week of reporting the update coming users start demanding that it gets release now, look at the post about the devices that will receive ICS, users are already asking why they haven't received the update that they have been promised even when a release date was never reported.

And dont forget if they report that the release date had been changed or temporarily cancelled, this is when the lawsuits threats starts.

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Im one who believes that if the os is working properly why upgrade but thats just me. I do have a few issues that the update to ics may fix so i probably update as soon as available. Coming from a fascinate that started out with eclair  which worked flawlessly for me i updated to froyo which screwed up several things. I then updated to gingerbread which had all things working perfect again. So what did i do i upgraded to the maxx and guess what  i have to start all over again .   Ive heard of the soak test as well and even herd that an ota ics update as early as the 4th for some customers. Only a rumor so far . When i see it on my phone thats when i know its true..   Have a good one everyone     Jesse

B33
Legend

Ok All Just Seen it: The New Update for the Razr's.. But try not be Dissapointed as it is  NOT I.C.S  it's 6.12.181 for the Razr an Razr Maxx.. But any who. It should be Out For the Pickings in a Few Days. I will Stress Hopefully it will!   But all we can do is Go to Settings hit the Updater an See it Pops Up. If you Get it Drop a Post & Let us Know.. 

0 Likes