how you turn off mirror mode it keeps turning on and i dont have it connected
lilc0550

what can i do

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: how you turn off mirror mode it keeps turning on and i dont have it connected
guestuser

This was a problem with the second droid razr replacement they sent me. The HDMI connection said it was on and the camera or the video wouldn't work since it thought it was plugged into the HDMI port. They replaced the phone for me.

0 Likes
Re: how you turn off mirror mode it keeps turning on and i dont have it connected
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello lilc0550

I'm very sorry your having a issue with your Razr. I would be glad to attempt to resolve this for you.

Did this start after an application was downloaded? If so please remove and retest. Do you have a HDMI cable? If so please attach and remove it from the device. Then power off the device and remove the sim card and reinsert. Try it now does Mirror mode turn on again?

Please power the device on in safe mode and retest. Here's a link for safe mode: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=50079

Please let me know if you still having the issue so we can further troubleshoot.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Nimskit

This is also happening to me- the HDMI continues to come on every few minutes. It sucks my battery down to death in mere hours, when I can go days on my phone with no charging. It overheats my phone because it keeps it from sleeping. I can't watch movies, see pictures or record video (seeing myself/others) and interrupts every app or thing I'm doing, sometimes at the very worst possible times. This phone is six months old! I'm not going to buy an HDMI cable just to plug and unplug it and see if it works. Shall I simply go demand it get replaced?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Give this a Try an see if it Helps with your Razr: With the Issue it's Having if it Does Not Let me Know!!!

These are the Instructions on Clearing the Cache Partition:  For Razr & Razr Maxx

Top Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and holdPower button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to holdVolume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select Clear the Cache Partition then press the Power button.
  7. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
0 Likes
tinyshorts

I am having similar problem. I have droid razr. After the most recent OS update, my razr stays in landscape. It keeps telling me to select a dock type. When I select either webtop or mirror display, the phone freezes. I've attempted clearing the cache partition but I can't get passed step 2. In order words, it does not show the "boot mode selection" menu. Please help because this issue driving me crazy. And yes, I've tried turning it on and off.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

@Tiny

I found a Video that might help ya!  I haven't made one my self as i don't have the Equipment to do so But if you Watch this Guy he will show how to get into Boot Recovery Mode! 

Now this is were i want to Tell when you get to little Android take your fingers from your right hand and tap both up / down volume and with you left the Power do a Quick Tap then when your past Little Android you will Come to Android System Recovery and you'll have 5 selections! to choose from To clear the Cache Scroll down with your Volume Rocker to Wipe Cache Only to Enter the Clearing Tap your Power Button watch your phone when it is done doing this it will ask you to Reboot System Now you'll then want to Tap your Power button again let the Phone do it's thing..

Here is the Video from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37sCU5hoIig

If you have any more issues on this let me Know i will try to help as Much as i can with what i have... Good Luck Kiddo b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tinyshorts

I watched the video. I realized the razr used in the demo was the razr maxx. I don't have the razr maxx; I have just the "razr" model XT912. I still can't access the recovery system. The issue was temporarily resolved. I reset the phone by holding down "power" and the "volume down" buttons. It's back to the same issue. Please help. Thank you

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tiny it's the exact SAME phone the only exception is that the Maxx has a bigger Battery installed everything else on the them works exactly the same no differences.. And in doing those resets there is a small learning curve to get them down just right so they will work for ya!  They throw me curve every Now and then and i have to redo the process..

0 Likes
tinyshorts

either way, it's not working. i was able to wipe the cache partition. no luck.

0 Likes