Droid Incredible 2 Keyboard forces close
pinkinlove87

This has been happening for about 2 weeks now, when I am sending a text message...right in the middle of typing it, the on-screen keyboard forces close then I have to write the whole text over again...it is very frustrating. Anyone else having this issue, if not, any suggestions on how to fix it??

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible 2 Keyboard forces close
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

pinkinlove87, I understand how frustrating this can be because the keyboard is used for almost most functions on the phone. When did this issue start occurring? Was it after you downloaded an application? I recommend some trouble-shooting steps that may help resolve this issue. First, try removing the battery for 1-2 minutes to perform a soft reset for your device. Secondly, try putting the phone into safe mode. Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this troubleshooting step can help determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue. I will list the steps below for enabling and disabling safe mode.

Steps to Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.
  2. Select Power off.

3. Slide the keyboard open.

4. Press the Power button.

5. Press and hold the OK key.

6. Continue to hold the OK key until Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock screen.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.

7. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications. 

8. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device. 

9. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Steps to Disable Safe Mode

1.   Press and hold the Power button.
  2. Select Power off.

Let me know if the above steps help.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes