Help with deleting multiplied contact.
DMnc

Had to get a replacement phone....when I sync'd my Back up Assistant it multiplied 1 contact over a 1000 times.  From BuA I have deleted them and tried to resync  however they have stayed on my phone and keep showing back up in my BuA on my computer.  Please help I do not want to have to delete each one separately from my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help with deleting multiplied contact.
Not applicable

DMnc, I can certainly assist with your contact issue so that you won't need to manually delete each contact. I would suggest deleting all the contacts on your Blackberry first. To do this you would need to connect your Blackberry to your computer and clear the Contact/Address Book database from the phone. These steps will vary depending on whether you have Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0, 6.0 or a Mac, so here is a link to Blackberry with the instructions.

Another option is to complete reset the device by performing a security wipe. I don't see which Blackberry you have, but for devices with 5.0 software, you would go to Options>Security Options>General Settings>press Menu>Wipe Handheld. For devices with 6.0 software go to Options>Security>Security Wipe>Check emails, contacts, etc. to reset the device.

Verify the duplicates are all gone from the website. Delete from trash. Afterwards, resync device with Backup Assistant so that it will restore only the contacts on the website.

I hope this helps!

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
weela66

My 140 contacts have multiplied hundreds of times and now I have over 20,000 contacts in Verizon Cloud and unfortunately the backup decided to work and before I could stop it, it put 10,000 of the 20,000 contacts on my phone. Verizon has been "working on it" since the weekend. I haven't had an update since yesterday (this is Wednesday night). This is unacceptable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Weela66 I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes