Razr Maxx screen wont stay on for more then 3 seconds
Foon

So I got my droid razr maxx in today and this is the first smart phone i've ever owned. The screen keeps shutting off after 3 seconds and i have to press the power button to put the phone in idle and then press it again to bring the phone back in order to make the screen turn back on. Nothing else makes the screen turn back on but i can select everything on the screen as if it were on. I had to set up my entire account by quickly punching in my gmail account and password before the screen turned off on me and i had to go idle and come back. I had to do this straight through the setup phase of the phone. When i finally finished the setup i went into the settings and set the display setting to never turn the screen off. It didn't stop the screen from turning off. So i charged the phone to 100 percent from the 60 percent it came at. The screen still shuts off 3 seconds after i turn the phone on. Is it bricked ? Whats going on ?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx screen wont stay on for more then 3 seconds
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you covering up the proximity sensor?  It should be near the speaker.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Foon,

Good afternoon! Congratulations on your first smart phone! I would love to offer my assistance to ensure your experience is an enjoyable one.  asks a great question(thank you!). Is there a case, holster, etc covering up the proximity sensor? Even screen protectors have been know to degrade the ability of the sensor.  If you determine that nothing is obstructing the sensor, I recommend a 'Hard Reset' to the device in order to return the phone to factory settings. It may be necessary, after the reset, to go over options to have the device replace either under the 14-day exchange period or under Motorola's warranty.

Please reply back so I and the community can assist further.

Thank you,

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Eman_on
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine does the same thing. Screen wont stay on more than a few seconds. I'm also not finding any info on charging the phone. I THINK I have it figured out as I have the USB end plugged into the phone & that plugged into the power connector that plugs into the wall. However, even though I have it plugged up now, it still says on screen "Connect to charger" and the battery strength screen isnt moving to indicate that the phone is charging.

0 Likes
jd12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Check your battery saver setting in the menu they could be what is causing the screen not to stay on.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Are you sure you are sliding screen to on position after you hit power button to light up screen? If not the phone will shut back off after just a few seconds

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Unlike the Droid X there is No Battery Saver to do the Adjustments on as they went to Smart Actions to Do the Battery Saving an many other things but as for Screen Time out you can still Adjust it as you could on the X Go to Settings > Display > then Screen Time Out you have 15 sec. , 30 sec.  1 min,  2 min., 10min., 30 min., an Never Time out. An you can also set you screen to not Animate witch it won't close in the Center as it did when you got it New. I also have my Brightness at about 5 or 10% an Auto Brightness is Unchecked. Wrote By B33

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Try going to the Settings / Display / Screen Timeout Option and try 30 seconds in the settings.   Also I have experianced this with the Profile Schelduler installed because it had this option....  

Another thing if you have Widget Locker installed there is a option in that app as well,

• Open Windget Locker
  • Menu
  • Settings
  • Screen Timeout
  • Screen Timeout again
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Widget Locker Lockscreen App:  Wildman is this app by TeslaCoil Software an is $2.99 Just checking.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes