I am traveling from the US to Rotterdam - My email is working but text and cell phone service are not. While it appears there is service (4-5 bars) when I dial I get a service not available error. Is there something I need to change in my settings?
angelazeringue

I am travelling in Rotterdam (from the US) and cannot access my phone or text.  My email is working.  It appears thaere is service (4-5 bars) but when I dial or text, I get a "service not available" error. Is there something I need to change in my settings?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: I am traveling from the US to Rotterdam - My email is working but text and cell phone service are not. While it appears there is service (4-5 bars) when I dial I get a service not available error. Is there something I need to change in my settings?
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Are you dialing correctly? It's been a few years since I've traveled abroad, so I may be wrong, but I think you need to dial just as if you were in the US or maybe that's just texting or maybe I have no idea. Hopefully, you're aware of the exorbitant charges you may be receiving for using your phone overseas.

0 Likes
Re: I am traveling from the US to Rotterdam - My email is working but text and cell phone service are not. While it appears there is service (4-5 bars) when I dial I get a service not available error. Is there something I need to change in my settings?
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello angelazeringue,

lewisr13 thanks for the response. Angelazeringue I know how important it is to make calls and receive text messages while traveling. First, you will need to make sure your device is set in GSM Mode.while traveling in Rotterdam. Below are the instructions to set your device in GSM Mode:

From the main screen, press Blackberry.
Scroll to  Options, press Trackpad.
Scroll to Mobile Network, press Trackpad.
Scroll to  Network Technology, press Trackpad.
Choose 
GSM/UMTS 

Press Blackberry.
Scroll to Save, press Trackball.

Also, here is a link with information, pricing and rates while traveling in Rotterdam:

http://businessportals.verizonwireless.com/international/traveling_to/Europe/Netherlands.html

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

LatachaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes