3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2012 6:08 AM by lewisr13 RSS

No-contract family plan?

michael_fallon

We've had a family share plan for about 8 years now.  In a few months our latest contract will come to an end.  We're interested in switching to a no-phone-subsidy-no-contract family plan.  Does verizon offer such a thing?  I've heard that one can forego phone discounts and upgrades in exchange for a cheaper monthly price but I can't find any information about it.

• 1. Re: No-contract family plan?
          asmith09

Hi,

Verizon does offer a "month to month" contract.  With this, you have to supply your own phone.

• 2. Re: No-contract family plan?
            lewisr13

But it's not any cheaper.

• 3. Re: No-contract family plan?
              rcschnoor

Once your contracts end, you will just stay with your same plan on a month-to-month basis.

Depending on your usage, you could possibly switch your phones to a pre-paid plan. You would have to check if your current phones are compatible with these plans, though. Depending on your phones and if your minute usage is low enough, you could have a considerable savings.

With basic phones, you have a chance of a cost savings, but with smartphones for some reason Verizon thinks you should pay MORE than if you were on a regular plan. I don't really understand this, as I thought the prepaid plans were supposed to be an avenue to CUT costs!!!  As far as I can tell, there are NO family plans on pre-paid.