new google play
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a very bad upgrade to the market place. Nothing I have downloaded says installed and now to download anything you have to log in. Maybe I won't get any new apps any more.

0 Likes
Re: new google play
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello there phat6

I also received the google play update (Formerly Market) on my Android device.

I don't want you to give up on downloading to your device because that's what it is designed to do.

We can do some basic troubleshooting.

Have you powered the device off/on and tried again?

Are you able to access previously installed apps on the device?

What happens when you try to install apps?

Do you get an error? If so, what does it say?

Go into Setting>Applications>Disable Unknown Sources by removing the green checkmark>Try to install another app

You can also follow these steps:

Go to play.google.com (from a computer or your Android device)

Select My Android Apps

Sign in using Google Gmail sign in

Upper left you will see My Android Apps

Every app that has ever been installed using that sign in will be available for them to sync back to there device.

I am very eager to know if any of the above steps have given you access to the market again. Feel free to Direct Message me if you have  further concerns about this matter.

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
paattig144
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had Google play on my SGN when I got it and all was fine for a bit.  It put an icon on my homescreen and I moved it over one screen.  The icon then started to show what looked to be an ad at the top and I inadvertently clicked one when I was trying to change screens.   Since then I have been getting + and stars on my notification bar with apps to click on and download.  I absolutely DO NOT want to download BeNaughty or any such app, but cannot get rid of these notifications.  Today another icon appeared on my home screen that says it is Droid Apps.  When clicked on it shows handango with more apps to download.  I went to app manager and none of this is listed so that I can rid myself of these nuisance apps.  Is there anything I can do other than factory reset my phone and start over?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi paattig144,

I understand your concern with not wanting to perform a factory reset to rid these advertisements, and I’d like to offer another option.

This is has been caused by an installed application that sends ad notifications to your device.  I typically do not recommend specific Google Play apps, but you can search “Ad Detector”, and you will see multiple applications designed to find installed applications on your device that use this type of advertisement.  You can then remove the specific applications to stop those notifications.

I hope I have answered your question, and have addressed your concern.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes