When will a $50.00 unlimited Everything plan become available to your 2 yr contract customers?
pierceho

As the pay as you go type phones services start taking over the market. All major Cell Service providers have began to offer the $50.00 unlimited plans for prepaid. This is great!!! You get unlimited everything. What about your loyal customers that sign up for the 2 year contracts with a family plan, who purchase 3-4 phones at a time for the family. These people are paying at a minimum 200 a month for a shared plan with limited minutes and no unlimited texting unless they pay extra. Where is the benefit for those of us with contracts to continue. I could do an early termination on both of my smart phones today pick up 2 prepaid phones and still save a good bit of money for a full 2 years of service. That's with the penalty included.

If the major selling point is the latest and greatest cell technology at a premium price for 2 year contracts is all there is to offer... I can only say "Really??"

Think about it people. For 1 person with a smart phone to have a standard package you are going to pay 80+ a month. that's without unlimited calls, text, or web. Toss in the 9.99 for unlimited text and the 29 or 39 bucks for data and now you are over 100.00 don't even think about going unlimited with your calls. you may easily reach the 175-200 mark.

Maybe if enough of us say something we will get the same plan prepaid gets or something that is close or better.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will a $50.00 unlimited Everything plan become available to your 2 yr contract customers?
rcschnoor
Legend

If you want a smartphone on that $50 unlimited plan, it will cost you an extra $30/month(minimum) as this does not include data for smartphones. This bumps your price up to $80/month.

Edit: Taking a look at the prepaid plans, you can't even put a smartphone on the $50 unlimited plan. An unlimited "calling plan" for a prepaid smartphone would be $75 + $20 (unlimited texting) + data. So you are looking at $125 + taxes. Not quite the same as the $50 unlimited plan. Makes the 2yr contract plans not look so bad.

0 Likes
Re: When will a $50.00 unlimited Everything plan become available to your 2 yr contract customers?
pierceho

Ok so that cost extra but why isn't unlimited text or calling available

0 Likes
ashara5
Enthusiast - Level 1

pierceho good point! i have a 2 year contract and pay $130 a month after taxes for a phone for just me, with only 450 minutes, unlimited text and 29.99 for unlimited web and data and thats with a plan the company no longer offers.. what is the point of this, when i sign a 2 year contract im pretty much guaranteeing to be a customer for those 2 years so why are pre paid customers recieving better deals when in reality they can get the same premium smart phones as well? ? with a bad economy some of us can not afford a phone bill of $100 a month on top of our other bills. we to should be rewarded i can cancel tomorrow and go to a company such as virgin mobile and recieve unlimited calling, text AND internet for $30.00 and have a smart phone.

0 Likes
pierceho

I actually called customer service asking about this on Tues. They had no

answer. My reason for bringing it to the forums is so others can have the

same realizations as I have. Even if the flat rate was 80.00 to have a

smart phone its still a better deal overall than what we are currently

paying for 450 or even a 700 min plan.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

ashara5 wrote:

pierceho good point! i have a 2 year contract and pay $130 a month after taxes for a phone for just me, with only 450 minutes, unlimited text and 29.99 for unlimited web and data and thats with a plan the company no longer offers.. what is the point of this, when i sign a 2 year contract im pretty much guaranteeing to be a customer for those 2 years so why are pre paid customers recieving better deals when in reality they can get the same premium smart phones as well? ? with a bad economy some of us can not afford a phone bill of $100 a month on top of our other bills. we to should be rewarded i can cancel tomorrow and go to a company such as virgin mobile and recieve unlimited calling, text AND internet for $30.00 and have a smart phone.

Not as big a selection of smartphones available with the prepaid plan and you would still be looking at upwards of $95 + taxes($45 450 minute plan/$20 unlimited texts/$30 data plan) with a prepaid smartphone on Verizon at least. If it is a better fit for your budget with another provider, you should definitely do so.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

$95 for a smartphone on a prepaid plan with 450 minutes, unlimited texting & $30 for 2GB/month data.

0 Likes
pierceho

Its more about the principle. Why can't I have unlimited text and phone

also? Why is my plan with less service costing twice if not three times as

much as a person with a prepaid phone.

Besides playing angry birds what do you really use your smart phone for. Is it really for that cool app to help count calories or does it even matter. The basic phones they have listed under the 50.00 prepaid plan still have a few decent ones that are web and email capable.

So you basically give up the Smart part of your phone for something that you can still use to surf the web and check emails.

As I said it's a matter of principle. Everyone wants their slice of the pie when it comes to getting paid. People will pick and choose what they want in a phone from basic to the lastest cool Touch pad out there and not even question why they are paying so much for a service that someone else is getting as a quarter of the cost.  Really is giving all users unlimited text or calls that much different on a smart phone from a basic phone. Or are you going to say that the smart phone network is a special server that services the 4g area thus giving you better call clarity and a wider variety of features.

I would say 70% of all cell carriers customer base have unlimited texting for those under the age of 55. Not picking on seniors with that statement. And everyone prefers texting because its a flat rate of 10 bucks a month extra and you can say as much as you want. just include it in the plan. Give us a flat rate for text and talk and so what charge me 30 bucks for my data plan. Its still overall better.

Message was edited by: Harry Pierce

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I'm sorry, I thought you were comparing your "smartphone" with a "prepaid smartphone". From your original post, I thought you were wondering about prepaid smartphones. Looking at those with unlimited calling($75/month) + unlimited text($20/month) + minimum data plan($30/month) and you are looking at $125/month. Your original post makes it sound as if you want "this" type of plan. If your plan is "twice if not three times as much" as that, then I can really feel for you.

If you are talking about a "basic" phone for $50 a month, then by all means, switch to a prepaid plan with a "basic" phone next time your contract expires!

0 Likes
pierceho

Using a basic phone on a contract will still cost you more than prepaid.

0 Likes