Hello, My name is Stephanie. I have a few questions about my bill. I have the Premium Family Share Plan for (2) Lines, which is $139.99. And I also have the mobile Broadband, which is $59.99 for 5 GB or 5,120 MB. On my billing Statement is as it is listed below. $187.74 For monthly access for the Premium Family Share plan for (2) Lines $190.20 For Data Usage $52.32 For Verizon Wireless' and Other Charges and Credits $10.25 For Taxes ___________ $440.51 For the total Current Charges. I am supposed to get a 22% discount for working at Johnson Memorial Hospital. 22% of $440.51 is $96.91 so my bill should be $343.60 not $440.51 My questions are
1. How and why did the price jump from $139.99 for the Family Share Plan with unlimited messaging, vz navigator, mobile web email, and unlimited data for mobile web to $187.74 monthly access? If I assume correctly, you just started service with VZW. So I will explain this as easily as possible. It’s not that the price jumped, it’s that you are charged prorates and 1 month in advance. I don’t know your exact billing cycle but if you started on say Sept 1st and assigned a bill cycle date of Sept 9th, then you will have a partial month charged from 9/1-9/9 and then 1 month service in advance for 9/10-10/9 (just like you pay for rent).
2. How and why did the price jump from $59.99 for 5 GB or 5,120 MB of Mobile Broadband Internet to $190.20 when I only used 4.2 GB of my Internet usage and did not go over the limit for the mobile Broadband Internet? Again you were subject to prorates and 1 month in advance for the Broadband Access, however it sounds like you were charged for overages as well here. I know you are on a 5GB plan but this may have been prorated as well only giving you a partial allowance of say 3GB so the remaining 1.2GB would be charged overages. You would have to look directly at your bill to see if this was the case on this line.
3. What are the Verizon Wireless' and other Charges and VZW other charges and credits are charges imposed on VZW by the government and passed on to the consumer. These range from 4-30 something % of your bill. These you will see each month, however this bill may include an activation fee which you would only see the first time you activate your lines. (If you were even charged one). $52.32 seems rather higher, but it was 14% of the charges. Credits? And why is it $52.32?
4. Why was my 22% Johnson Memorial Hospital Employee discount not added to my billing statement? And if it was added, why is the math incorrect, and why is it not shown on my billing statement? The employee discount of 22% is only added to lines billing $34.99 or higher per month and only the monthly access. So the 22% will only come off of the primary line, which is $110.00 (110 x 22%) = $24.20 per month. Depending on the contract VZW has with your company it may not apply to the Mobile Broadband line but if it does then it would be $59.99 x 22% = $13.20/month off that line. It does not apply to the entire balance on the invoice.
5. Can you please help me understand my billing statement and why there are countless number of errors on my statement? Are the statements reviewed before they are mailed out to your customers with all the errors printed on them making the entire Verizon staff look like they cannot complete calculations properly? They may seem like errors, however it just sounds like it wasn’t properly explained to you when you started the service. You should have received a receipt if you went in to the store that shows these prorates and an estimate of your first bill though.
I hope this helps and if you need a better explanation you can always go on to MyVerizon. Try this link: http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Account%20Management/faq_billing.html