Even China has better WP7 Devices!
LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Look, China is getting the HTC Titan.  Pretty sad that China gets a high end Windows Phone before Verizon does!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/04/htc-titan-triumph-china-windows-phone/#disqus_thread

Labels (1)
Re: Even China has better WP7 Devices!
Tidbits
Legend

Find it funny... It's on PREORDER...  Means it is not even out yet.  Verizon is waiting for Windows 8 and true LTE support instead of a patch...  Maybe then there will be better devices coming out.  We been through this more than a handful of times.

0 Likes
FoggyCats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon can't take Mango or Tango for LTE, its a technical reason, and they will not take non-LTE phones.

When you are done doing the math, that puts new phones out till Apollo.

0 Likes
LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know what you mean by "true LTE" support.  The Titan 2 and Nokia 900 are both full LTE coming out this month.  Not HSPA+, which I know CDMA doesn't have.  It's a patch in the OS that adds the LTE support, and it works.

There could very well be a technical issue with having LTE and a CDMA radio in WP7.  A handoff problem within the OS, but that hasn't been posted anywhere. 

0 Likes
Even China has better WP7 Devices!
Tidbits
Legend

It has already been know it's a patched support and not full actual support for LTE.  When the next major release it will have true full 100% support, and that's when Verizon will more than likely look at Windows Phones.  Until then Verizon will not look at them as they want 100% full support and not a patchwork job.

0 Likes
LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I follow Windows Phone news quite closely, and I have NEVER antyhing saying it's not true LTE support.  Please show me where you saw this?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Of course not... That's the problem... How often are they going to say something like that or even a "fan site" saying something when most of the writers have little to no coding experience.

0 Likes
LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then I can't agree with you, if you have no proof.  There could still be a CDMA/LTE incompatabilty, I will give you that, but saying the Titan 2 and 900 aren't going to be real LTE devices, I am not going to go along with.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you say so. There are 0 LTE Windows phones on Verizon. Windows Phone 7.5 does not have the framework changes for true LTE support. Windows Phone 8 will, and that's when you will see Verizon with a second Windows Mobile phone. You can bet on it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The only way it can be proven is to reverse engineer the code and possibly being sued. Someone who believes fan sites isn't worth the risk...

0 Likes