iPhone 4s is sending out duplicate text messages
dvpille

I bought the white iPhone 4s yesterday and have loved it. But, I am having multiple people, iphone and non iphone users tell me that they are recieving doubles of my text messages. Is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4s is sending out duplicate text messages
Not applicable

Hello dvpille!

I'm glad to hear that you are loving your device! I love mine too! I have experienced some duplications with my text messages, but not frequently. There is not a setting that needs to be changed. The solution that has been successful is, deleting messaging threads. You can do this by opening your messages and swiping your finger to the left or right on the thread you would like to delete. A delete option will then appear that you can select. If you show that a message fails while sending, and then you retype and send a new message this could also be a source of the duplication. I would recommend deleting any failed messages that appear.

Let us know if you need anything else! Welcome to the iPhone family!

Katie H

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BOlson

I'm having the same issue.  None of my texts are indicating they are not going through.  In fact, the original texts are being received in real time in most instances.  However, the text is sent again (up to 5 additional times) hours later. 

Please advise as to a solution.  I've only had my iPhone for 3 days and so far, not so great experience. 

Thanks you,

B

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello BOIson and dvpille!

I have good news! Apple has released a software update for the iPhone 4s and iPhone 4. You can update your software directly on your phone through the settings or by connecting to iTunes.

Here is a link with the instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4623

Thanks again for your posts!

Katie H

VZW Support

0 Likes
Mustgetoffthecouch

I was having the same issue with one friend that has an iPhone 4s as well.  I am not sure if yet if my other non iPhone friends are receiving double texts, but I will find out soon now that I am aware of this issue.  I went into iTunes and checked for a software update, but my iPhone is only a few days old (for me) and there were no updates available.  However, after plugging into my laptop and checking for this update, my friend says the double text stopped (at least the one test text).  Maybe it is that simple of a fix, but something tells me nothing in life is that easy (new to Apple stuff so maybe it is that easy?).

0 Likes
mdgonnab24

I am receiving duplicate text messages on my iphone 4s. My software is up to date. Not usre what is going on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Mdgonnab24!

Uh-oh we don't need you seeing doubles! I would love to know more.

Thanks for verifying your software is already up to date, that's a really important step. 

Are these duplicate texts from the same person or everyone? Same proivder or different providers?

Are the messages in blue or green?

Let's get this fixed!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ZFiv

I have an iPhone 4 and my firmware is up to date. I am also experiencing this problem and have been notified by friends on multiple carriers that they are receiving duplicate messages, sometimes a day or two after they are sent.  I don't recall any indication that there was a problem sending the message the first time though.  Any thoughts on solving this would be great.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are correct, ZFiv this is happening with all carriers.
I have also experienced this on my phone and it can become quite frustrating.
Is this happening only with iMessages or also with standard messages?
From what I understand, you should clear any messaging threads to prevent the duplicate messages until we get further instructions from Apple.

Tamara H.

0 Likes
frysjean

Are there any updates on this issue?  I just switched over to an iPhone 4 and my husband gets each text 2-4 times. 

0 Likes