1 of 1 people found this helpful
Hello John Getzke,
I have come across this issue and have the solution for you. First, I would like to confirm that 2.23 is the most current firmware on the MiFi 4510L. Follow the steps below on how to sign in and change the password:
1) Hard Reset the Device
- With the device powered on, locate the reset button under the battery door on the bottom of the device.
- Using paperclip, depress and hold the reset button until the LED blinks green one long blink then one short blink.
2) Use the MEID minus the last digit (it`s usually the 0)
3) Once connected, access the mifi admin site:
192.168.1.1 (admin is password)
4) Click on WIFI and change the Network Key to the password on the back of the mifi device. The mifi will reset.
5) Before reconnecting power off the mifi and remove the previous mifi network connection from the wireless network list. It`s under Manage Network Connections in the Network/Sharing Center.
6) Power the mifi back on and connect with the new password.
Let me know if the issue persists.
Follow me on Twitter @VZWSupport
Thanks for confirming 2.23 is the most current firmware. However, I am only concerned about the default router/admin password, not the network key/wireless key/WPA2 key or changing anything to a new value.
Let's try again. This problem happens AFTER the defaults have been reset on the device by using the reset button...several times. The default SSID is displayed. The default network key allows me to connect to the device and browse to internet sites. If "admin" does not allow me to sign into the http://mifi.admin webpage what will?
The network key.