1 2 3 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 7:00 PM by tealnet RSS

What is up with the administration fee?

unhappycelluser

I spoke with customer service about the admin fee, which just increased.  They told me that it is to cover the costs of maintaining the towers, network, etc.  I thought that is what our monthly access charges are for.  The admin fee seems like "dealer fees" that car dealers try to slap on customers, and all those do is inflate the dealerships profit margins.

Also, how come cell users that prefer pre-paid phones don't have to pay an admin fee to maintain the towers, network, etc?

Please join me in giving negative feedback to VZW about this.

• 1. Re: What is up with the administration fee?
          bbinnard

I totally agree. My 3-phone Family Plan is being charged $0.99 Administrative Fee per line. This cost was not mentioned to me when I spoke to the VZ Wireless sales rep.  The VZW Terms of Use document says they can charge us whatever they want for anything they want and can change the charges and what they are for at any time.  This seems pretty scary. I like the VZW service and phone options, but now I'm wondering if that 2-year agreement I signed is going to end up biting me in the.....

Note to Verizon Wireless: please consider being more straight-forward in stating what actual charges for service will be, and give an explanation of what the various charge categories mean.

• 2. Re: What is up with the administration fee?
            dissed

It's just Verizon's response to customer outcry against the $2 convenience fee for online one-time payments.  If they need to raise rates, raise them, don't annoy customers by putting in small fees we don't always notice.  We DO notice them, especially fees that go up by 19%!  And we DO become increasingly aggravated at companies who operate in this manner and we should be sure management knows we don't appreciate this manner of doing business.

Below is what was on my bill just prior to the increase was actually on the bill:

Notice Of Administrative Charge Increase

Effective 1/1/2012, the monthly Verizon Wireless Administrative Charge

for voice and email plans will increase from $0.83 to $0.99 per line for all

eligible customers. The charge for Mobile Broadband customers will

remain at $.06. For information regarding this charge, call

1-888-684-1888. Please consult your Customer Agreement for

information about rate changes.

• 3. Re: What is up with the administration fee?
              lewisr13

dissed wrote:

It's just Verizon's response to customer outcry against the $2 convenience fee for online one-time payments.  If they need to raise rates, raise them, don't annoy customers by putting in small fees we don't always notice.  We DO notice them, especially fees that go up by 19%!  And we DO become increasingly aggravated at companies who operate in this manner and we should be sure management knows we don't appreciate this manner of doing business.

Below is what was on my bill just prior to the increase was actually on the bill:

Notice Of Administrative Charge Increase

Effective 1/1/2012, the monthly Verizon Wireless Administrative Charge

for voice and email plans will increase from $0.83 to $0.99 per line for all

eligible customers. The charge for Mobile Broadband customers will

remain at $.06. For information regarding this charge, call

1-888-684-1888. Please consult your Customer Agreement for

information about rate changes.

Which was before the $2 fiasco.

"an Administrative Charge, which helps defray certain expenses we incur, including charges we or our agents pay local telephone companies for delivering calls from our customers to their customers, fees and assessments on our network facilities and services, and costs and charges associated with new cell site construction, local number portability, and other government mandates.  Please note that these are Verizon Wireless charges, not taxes.  These charges, and what’s included, are subject to change from time to time." from Verizon's web site.

• 4. Re: What is up with the administration fee?
                dissed

Each of us now pay .99 per month, increased from .83 per month, a 19% increase.  In my mind, a case of nickel and diming us in the fine print.  It’s in the “other fees” section with other fees Verizon does not control, can only be seen in the details on the print version of the bill.  But this is a Verizon fee that they definitely control.

• 5. Re: What is up with the administration fee?
                  dswaff

They just want more money and this is an easy way to get it

• 6. Re: What is up with the administration fee?
                    foreverjne

I don't suppose this increase in administrative fee allows the consumers to cancel their 2-year contracts, can they?

• 7. Re: What is up with the administration fee?
                      SuzyQ

foreverjne wrote:

I don't suppose this increase in administrative fee allows the consumers to cancel their 2-year contracts, can they?

No.  It's been discussed numerous times. 

• 8. Re: What is up with the administration fee?
                        lewisr13

foreverjne wrote:

No, but if they whine and cry, pis and moan enough they will find a CSR that will let them out of their contract just to get rid of said person.

• 9. Re: What is up with the administration fee?
                          thomas38m

I think it is time to move to a new cell service.  Not bad .99 from every customer adds up pretty quick.  I was concerned about coverage in my area and with new tower there is not the issue anymore. 

1 2 3 Previous Next