Droid 2 touch screen problems
krazy04591

I have the droid 2 and the touch screen has been freaking out all day. Sometimes it just freezes, but most of the time it takes control and just randomly opens things, texts, and call people. It has changed some of the settings from this. I have cleared the data for it and it continues to do it. When it is not freaking out, the screen is just really slow. Is there any other way to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 touch screen problems
unhappyvzr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on my 4th replacement droid 2. Call VZ and complain. A lot. They should send  you a new one. In my experience, anytime the screen gets a little damp (high outside humidity, or in my case, if in my pocket while running) it completely freaks out. I've had some success using one of those air hand-dryers on it for about a minute. Seems to dry it out and stop the phantoms from taking over and calling aunt betty, who I really didn't want to talk to right about then...

Not applicable

Krazy04591 That is terrible that you have screen problems! From what you are describing it does not sound normal. When the phone begins to act like this have you ever pulled the battery to reboot it? Additionally, have you ever performed a master reset on the device? If not here are the steps to complete this process:

• From the main screen, touch menu tab 
  • Touch Settings 
  • Touch Privacy 
  • Touch Factory Data reset 
  • User has the option of Erasing SD Card - if desired check "Erase SD Card" 
  • Touch Reset Phone  
  • Touch Erase Everything

I am certain that the master reset will work to resolve your issue. I hope this helps. Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mchaney1993
Enthusiast - Level 1

I like unhappyvzr am also on my 4TH replacement for the Droid 2 Global phone.  When I go into the store they tell me this is not a known glitch when OBVIOUSLY it is. Look at these boards, go to google, do some digging. The three of us on this page obviously arent the only ones having this problem, and let me tell you, I am up to my wits end with this phone. My again 4TH phone is screen glitching AGAIN and I am so close to running it over with my car and switching carriers so I can have a phone that actually works.  Other than going in and complaining again and getting yet another phone do you have any other hints and tips SammuelP_VZW? Because I take out my battery, my sim card, I have done so many manual resets on this phone, i have drained the battery and i have tried the hand dryer to the phone to try to get it to work, and it STILL DOESNT WORK.  Give me some answers or give me my upgrade a few months earlier because this is not acceptable.

ncoclub
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't know if this helps but I experienced similar problems on my old LG Ally. Turns out it was and update I manually installed. It was taking up too much of the processor speed thus causing the same screen problems the original poster had. When I forced closed the ap and then uninstalled it the phone went back to normal. After that I am careful about installing updates till I have checked for others having problems with there's. I also turned off auto-updates on all my installed aps.

acoaegis
Enthusiast - Level 1

[FIXED MINE] Hey guys, I just had this problem for the last 5 hours. It would select the middle of the screen so i couldn't text, type, anything. I even sent a few texts reading something like "wgrrttttertertgrtttttttttyrtytttrtyrtyrghrtyrtyt" (notice t is near the middle of the screen lol). Anyway, ncoclub's post was right for me. I had done a ton of updates (roughly 30, im a lazy fuck) and it turns out facebook was running. This was odd, because i had restarted my phone to try to fix the issue and never reopened it. As soon as i closed it, the screen was working fine. Now i need to go buy another screen protector because i threw the other one away... >.>   Anyway, try closing apps and junk in the applications menu under settings, go to running apps. I actually made an account just to post this lol. THATS how frustrating it was after 5 hours. Good luck!

By the way, my phone's foam liner underneath the glass portion of the screen is starting to show over the image portion, i was wondering if you guys have seen this before. I was thinking maybe that could have done it, along with the app issue.

0 Likes
teresabaumgarten
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did a full factory rest and my phone is still going crazy. For the last 3 days it glitches between programs, calls people and constant jumping everywhere. I almost threw it out the window. I am going crazy and ready to cancel I am so upset. I pulled it apart and there is no water damage to battery or phone. I refuse to pay that 100 for a new one when its not my fault that the phone is possessed. I would rather put it towards the ETF I have of only 160. How can I get my phone fixed.

B33
Legend

Then you need to run your Droid 2 in safe Mode especially if you put the apps back you had before you did the The F.R. they could be causing the Issues. Give this a Try..

Safe Mode - Motorola DROID 2 (A955)

Note Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this troubleshooting step is necessary to determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue. Safe Mode should always be performed prior to a hard (factory) reset.

Enable Safe Mode

Disable Safe Mode

Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Power button
  2. Select Power off.
    Power off
  3. Slide the keyboard open.
    Keyboard Open
  4. Press the Power button.
    Power button
  5. Press and hold the OK key.
    Hold the OK key
  6. Continue to hold the OK key until Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock screen.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.
    Safe mode
  7. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.
  8. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.
  9. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Disable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Power button
  2. Select Power off.
    Power off
0 Likes
Jaxie

I had the exact same problem with my Droid 2. The touch screen obtained a mind of its own and would open all kinds of apps. I wasn't sure if there was an issue with the touch screen itself or if perhaps one of my apps gave me a virus so I started the phone in Safe Mode and it still did this...What does that mean?

0 Likes
teresabaumgarten
Enthusiast - Level 1

I didnt add back the old apps that I had and there is still problems. I have learned that if the phone is not working I have to slide open and use the arrow keys and enter when what i want is high lighted. What a huge pain in the butt!!

0 Likes