LG Octane Discontinued?
SharonC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has the LG Octane been discontinued?  It is no longer listed under Basic Phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Octane Discontinued?
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi SharonC,

I would be happy to answer your question. The Octane is no longer available for purchase. However, the Octane is still in stock, in the event the device needs to be replaced under the manufacturer's warranty.

Please provide me with a little more information. Are you having trouble with your current Octane? Do you have a specific question about the features of the Octane? Are you looking to upgrade to a basic phone? I can gladly provide you with some recommendations.  Additionally, I hope this information is helpful and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks you for your involvement in our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SharonC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded to the Octane about 2 weeks ago and really like it.  Another user on my family share account is due for an upgrade in February and was going to get the Octane.  We noticed that it was no longer listed under Basic Phones and are disappointed that it is no longer available.

0 Likes
rebecca90
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm very disappointed as well. My phone is due for an upgrade in 3 days, and I was planning on buying an Octane because I'm a huge fan of the env3. Looks like I just missed it, so I will hold off on upgrading until (if ever) a true upgrade comes along -- not a crappy hunk of metal that's worse than what I already have. Sorry if I sound bitter, but the selection of basic phones is abysmal. Some of us have to live on a budget and can't afford a $30/month data plan just to have a decent phone. I have the internet at home and school, and I live in a city with tons of access to public wifi, so I have no need for mobile internet. Someday when the current premium smartphone rates become the norm, I will switch to pay-as-you-go and give up on Verizon plans entirely.

No, I'm not a dinosaur. I'm 21 and keeping up with new technology just fine; I just prefer to spend my money on experiences, not shiny new electronic toys.

SharonC
Enthusiast - Level 2

We're going to hold off upgrading the other phone too and hope that they do offer something decent(but I have my doubts).  We felt that this was the only decent phone in the basic phone lineup.  The number of basic phones keeps shrinking and the quality of the phones offered keeps getting worse.  We have no need for a data plan which seems to be the only way to get a decent phone.  I'm glad I got the Octane when I did but feel bad for the other user on my family share plan.  He's now stuck with a phone that is almost 2 years old with nothing to upgrade to.  In 2 years I'll be in the same boat.  I think that the basic phone selection will eventually be discontinued.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi SharonC & Rebecca90,

I appreciate the both of you being interested in our Basic Phone line-up and understand your discontent due to the LG Octane no longer being available. I realize that a Smartphone is not the right device for everyone and I want you to take advantage of your upgrade eligibility. If you have not had the opportunity already, I would suggest taking a look at the LG Extravert. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Your presence in our community forums is appreciated,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rebecca90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much for your reply. I truly appreciate the follow-up.

I did look into the LG Extravert, and at this point it's not a viable option because of its widespread memory issues. There's apparently a software update in the works, but time will tell if it resolves the problem. I'm not opposed to buying it somewhere down the line once the kinks are definitively worked out.

0 Likes
cj21

I upgraded to the LG Octane a couple days ago through Best Buy for $30.  My sister has one and seems to like it, and by sheer luck I found it online before they stopped selling it, I guess.  If you want the link, it's http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+Octane+Mobile+Phone+-+Dark+Brown/1443853.p?id=1218259335320&skuId=1....  Hope you're able to upgrade before they discontinue it.

0 Likes
rebecca90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!!! I hope it lasts another two days.

0 Likes
SharonC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, Thank-you.  We can't upgrade until February 5.  We'll keep our fingers crossed that they will still have some left. 

0 Likes