5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 10:37 AM by joenathan84 RSS

IS THERE A GRACE PERIOD ON LATE PAYMENT

jferron

my bill is due next sunday but i'm not going to have the money for the bill until that friday [5 days after the due date]. is there any grace period for payment? i've made all my payments on time since i've started my own verizon bill.

• 1. Re: IS THERE A GRACE PERIOD ON LATE PAYMENT
          SuzyQ

Your bill is due on the due date - if you have never been late and will pay in full on the following Friday, you should be ok.  If you have been late before (as others have experienced) you may be without service after your due date.  But, if htis is the first time ever for being late, you will likely be OK.  I would call customer service and tell them ahead of time as well, just so they know what is going on, and you aren't simply "not paying" -

Good luck.

• 2. Re: IS THERE A GRACE PERIOD ON LATE PAYMENT
            DaisyP_VZW

Thanks, SuzyQ, for your reply.

Hello jferron,

I recommend you make a payment arrangement. If you are able to make your payment within 12 days after the payment due date you can simply dial #PMT from your device and make the arrangement through our automatic service. Please note that you are subject to a $5 late fee if any pass due balance is greater than $5. I’m sure you’ll find this information helpful.

Thanks,

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

• 3. Re: IS THERE A GRACE PERIOD ON LATE PAYMENT
              dahliaselena

Daisy,

What if my payment was due 1 Jan, but I wont be able to pay until 15 Jan? Can I still dial #PMT and make an arrangement? Or is 12 days the magic number? I've paid on time and the due to the Holidays, I am a short. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Selena

• 4. Re: IS THERE A GRACE PERIOD ON LATE PAYMENT
                tikibar1

This is a customer-to-customer forum.  Verizon reps occasionally respond, but it's sporadic.

I would recommend that you contact Verizon's Financial Services and talk with them (866-266-1445).

• 5. Re: IS THERE A GRACE PERIOD ON LATE PAYMENT
                  joenathan84

Although i dont know how it goes from case to case i would say  you should be ok. I had a severe double bill from having to pay my upgrade fee/activation/phone when i upgraded and had got the message about being disconnected. I called them and made an arrangement to pay it off without disconnection and the person was very helpful. if you call the PMT people and make and arrangement they are usually pretty understanding especially if you have had a good payment history.