3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 8:53 PM by RachelleMT RSS

Minutes used during public holidays considered free?

Andrew Feng

Hi all,

I noticed that all the calls made during MLK Holiday (1/16) were counted against my monthly allowance. Shoud them be counted the same as weekend and evening free minutes? What about the New Year's and Christmas?

I just switched over from ATT and learning more restrictions on Verizon side.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Minutes used during public holidays considered free?
          Ann154

According to the glossary on the Verizon Wireless, Night & Weekend Minutes are "Allowance minutes that can be used during the following times:

Night hours: (M-F) 9:01 p.m. - 5:59 a.m.

Weekend Hours: 12:00 a.m. Sat. - 11:59 p.m. Sun.“

• 2. Re: Minutes used during public holidays considered free?
            SuzyQ

Andrew Feng wrote:

Hi all,

I noticed that all the calls made during MLK Holiday (1/16) were counted against my monthly allowance. They were made on a Monday, during peak minutes.  Yes, they count against your allowance.  Verizon does not differentiate "holidays"; peak is monday - Friday, 5:59 am to 9:01 pm.  Shoud them be counted the same as weekend and evening free minutes? No.  What about the New Year's and Christmas?  If they fall on a Saturday or Sunday, (as in 2011) then minutes are off-peak and do not count towards your allowance.  If they fall on a weekday, then minutes used will count as peak minutes.

It seems there was a brief time, years ago, when "holiday" were considered off-peak, but that ended a long time ago - nights and weekends are just that, nights after 9 pm and weekends.

• 3. Re: Minutes used during public holidays considered free?
              RachelleMT

Boo hiss. I thought we still got free minutes on holidays....been a verizon customer since 1995....so disappointed in the direction they have been going. We used to get awesome upgrade deals, now they don't really offer anything good in the free category and they are adding more and more fees for less and less usage.