Re: No Android Search for Corporate / MS Exchange Email? TouchDown / other apps?
bdnyy23
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you go into your inbox, you should have a magnifying glass at the bottom along with the new mail icon, folder select, refresh and options.  The magnifying glass will let you search your emails.  Not sure why the main Google Search function will not search emails, but I have used the search function from within my Corporate Exchange Mailbox.  The search is not perfect, but it seems to search within emails, subject lines and email addresses.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: No Android Search for Corporate / MS Exchange Email? TouchDown / other apps?
f-s
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you have Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Nexus, running Android 4.0.2?  As per Verizon's app simulator, the magnifying glass should be present at the bottom of the email app, but it simply is not there on my phone.  And when I call Verizon, they are dumbfounded, they connect me to Samsung, who is equally puzzled and points me towards Google for support.  And Google provides no live support for Android OS!

Please let me know if you are running Android 4.0, and if so, which phone / carrier, and which specific version of Android 4.0?  Thank you, in advance.

0 Likes
bdnyy23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on a VZ Galaxy Nexus stock version 4.0.2. I do have the magnifying glass when I am in my corporate email account connected to my exchange server. Strange thing is I just checked my two hotmail accounts that are set up as corporate accounts so I can use push for those, but neither of these accounts have the magnifying glass.

I checked the settings for each account, but dont see any differences. I will keep searching to see if I can identify why the one account has the search funtionality but the others do not.

Long story short it is available, just have to determine what causes the difference.

0 Likes
f-s
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very strange.  Here is more detail on what I have:

Android 4.0.2

Baseband version i515.09 V.EK05 / i515.EK02

Kernel version 3.0.8-gaaa2611 / android-build@apa28#1

Build number ICL53F

MS Exchange 2003

Would you mind sharing what you have?

0 Likes
Re: Re: No Android Search for Corporate / MS Exchange Email? TouchDown / other apps?
bdnyy23
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of my settings are the same as yours, only difference that I see is

that I am connected to Exchange 2010.

The not sure what the Hotmail accounts are connecting to but they don't

have the search option. I do know that when I had my Droid X that there

were some functions that were not available with 2003, at that time I was

on 2007. Maybe this is the issue.

Re: Re: No Android Search for Corporate / MS Exchange Email? TouchDown / other apps?
f-s
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree -- the Exchange version is the likely issue.  According to our IT guy, Exchange 2010's search capabilities are significantly enhanced vs. Exchange 2003.

Thank you.

0 Likes