Troubleshooting a device that is not taking a charge can be a frustrating. In such a situation, one of three things could be the issue, the battery, the charging port, of the charging cable. Based on the information that you have provided, the charging cord is unlikely since you bought a new one. In order to narrow down the issue, may I have you complete the troubleshooting step noted below.
- Remove the battery from the device.
- Plug phone into the charger with the battery out of the device.
- Plug the charger into a wall for electricity. (Not the computer)
- Verify if there is any electrical feedback from the device while attempting to charge.
- Keyboard lighting up.
- Notification light on or flashing.
- Missing battery icon on the screen.
If you are getting any type of electrical feedback from the device then this confirms that the charging port works and the phone is functioning properly. This isolates the issue to be the battery. If you are not getting any electrical feedback from the phone then it may be the charging port that's causing the issue. Once we have confirmed the malfunctioning variable then we can review replacement options. If any one of the two variables are within warranty then it can be replaced at no cost. If you could be so kind as to post your findings from the steps above then we can customize a solution for you.
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport