Harassing phone calls
TwinFifties

One of the phones on our account has been receiving harassing calls. The problem with these calls is that the caller ID is blocked at the source. They show up as 'restricted caller ID'. Is there any way to find out the source of these calls and/or block these particular calls without knowing the number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Harassing phone calls
Not applicable

TwinFifties,

Harassing calls are never fun! Without the phone number displayed on the phone, there isn't a way to block it immediately. The best recommendation is to contact your local authorities to report the harassment and press charges where necessary. If this is a situation that gets escalated, we can investigate the calls and get the calls blocked in most cases. This process does require the involvement of the proper law enforcement authorities. I hope this gets resolved smoothly for you.

Thank you!

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
budone
Legend

AdamE_VZW wrote:

TwinFifties,

Harassing calls are never fun! Without the phone number displayed on the phone, there isn't a way to block it immediately. The best recommendation is to contact your local authorities to report the harassment and press charges where necessary. If this is a situation that gets escalated, we can investigate the calls and get the calls blocked in most cases. This process does require the involvement of the proper law enforcement authorities. I hope this gets resolved smoothly for you.

Thank you!

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Adam, I thought the Parental control program ($4.99/month) offers the ability to block all restricted and blocked numbers

0 Likes
barryr
Enthusiast - Level 2

And who in their right mind would pay for something they should be able to do for free?