Verizon Software Update
frr185

I did a software update on my HTC Thunderbolt today.  I am now at Thunderbolt_2.11.605.9

Later on, I got a message on my screen that there was a Verizon Software Update available.  I skipped over it because I was doing something else.  I've tried to do another software update from the settings screen and also tried to update all my apps from the android market.  On both occasions, I have received a message that no updates are available.

Am I missing something?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Software Update
Wildman
Legend

According to the release notes at http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/thunderbolt.pdf you have the latest update with build 2.11.6.5.9

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@Wildman

There is a small typo in your post.

The latest version of the software is 2.11.605.9 for the Thunderbolt.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
@Wildman

:smileysurprised: Your correct, my typo...  That's what happens when you use 10 key, sometimes you miss the 0 and input a period :smileywink::smileyvery-happy:, thank you Ann for the correction..

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
@Wildman

I am only at 2.11.605.5

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Try checking for update because update should be getting pushed out to devices now..

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Yeah, when I made it to the TB section, I saw the news. What is new with this one?

Nevermind, the pdf finally opened without errors

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning frr185,

May I ask are you still having issues with receiving the software update on your HTC Thunderbolt? If so then please share what software version, baseband version, and kernel version that you are running on your device. I can check to see if you have the most up to date info. If there is a newer version then what you have then I can manually request the software version to be re-delivered if you have missed it. I look forward to your response.

Thank you...

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3
Doesn't the update continue to be pushed out to devices for a specific period of time? I am not sure but I know that I've not received any update. Am I the only Bolt user who has not? Interested in hearing from others.
0 Likes
budone
Legend

The last update, I manually requested and I received it.

MENU>SETTINGS>SOFTWARE UPDATE>CHECK NEW

0 Likes