Thank you for sharing your experience with the community! I'm sure that this will help a fellow Fascinate user in the future! Device memory is a topic that doesn't get a lot of attention in the wireless world. Oftentimes, we think we have enough when a large percentage is being used without being noticed. Below, I have some steps to help preserve and free up some device memory.
- Uninstall any unused apps.
- Remove any unused widgets and shortcuts from the home screen(s).
- Erase long threaded text messages.
- Sync only your e-mail inbox instead of sub-folders.
- Sync only one calendar for schedule entries.
- Move media to a memory card, (Pictures, videos, music, apps, downloaded e-mail attachments)
- Clear browser cache, history, and cookies.
- Reboot the device.
There are many more tip and tricks on how to preserve memory on smartphones but I didn't want to overload the topic with so much information. As always, some of the tips listed above may not be applicable depending on what device is being discussed. If you come across any more memory saving tips then feel free to post them as I'm sure that the community will find value in the information.
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport