Problems with Droid Pro keyboard backlight problem
Raabscuttle

The keyboard backlight on the Mororola Droid Pro goes out when it is totally dark ever since OTA to 2.3.3.  Any suggestions for a fix (don't say battery pull, yada, yada (doesn't work), or click home twice then backspace (not a true fix, but a workaround) or rooting the phone (doesn't fix).    Seems to be a software glitch.  Backlight qworked well in 2.2.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with Droid Pro keyboard backlight problem
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand your frustration and I'm here to help.

I have researched the issue with the backlight on the Droid Pro and found that other user have had this same issue after the software update. Other users have found that performing a hard reset and then taking the phone into a store and having the device software flashed has fixed their issue with the backlight. I suggest you try the hard reset and then take your phone in to a VZW store to have flashed. 

If you continue to have issues after the hard reset and flash, please post back and I will be more than happy to further assist you. 

0 Likes
tishjoh

Why cant Verizon pushout OTA update to fix the problem instead of making all of us come to the store for a reflash? It would make more sense IMHO.

John

JohnB_VZW wrote:

I understand your frustration and I'm here to help.

I have researched the issue with the backlight on the Droid Pro and found that other user have had this same issue after the software update. Other users have found that performing a hard reset and then taking the phone into a store and having the device software flashed has fixed their issue with the backlight. I suggest you try the hard reset and then take your phone in to a VZW store to have flashed. 

If you continue to have issues after the hard reset and flash, please post back and I will be more than happy to further assist you. 

0 Likes
rbt276
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone on the forum tried the hard reset and flash.  I just replaced my phone 4 weeks ago and both of them have the light problem.  I don't want to take the 4 -5 hrs it takes to back up and restore my phone back to the way I like it unless someone is confident this will work.

ballerman
Enthusiast - Level 1

All due respect, you must be kidding! Do you really think that expecting every Droid Pro user to do a hard reset and then visit a Verizon store to have their device "flashed" is a reasonable answer!! That's just crazy!

lazymarsh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree...

How about "Verizon or Motorola" find the software glitch and offer a patch or upgrade. I am very busy and do not have time to go to the "V" store and stand around...where most of the time people are rude (Warner Robins, GA.).I am so tired of the consumer being told to do the work that the manafacturers are responsible for.

0 Likes
lazymarsh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I disagree:

How about "Verizon or Motorola" find the glitch and offer a patch or upgrade. It is insane to ask the consumer to do the work that the manafacturer is responsible for. Not everyone has the time to go to their local "V" store and stand around. If this issue was caused by an upgrade...then it can be fixed by one. I hope you endeavor to find one.

0 Likes
tazmaniandevil

I have gotten keyboard and function key lighting to work by removing the SIM card and

phone case. It now stays on in lit and unlit places. Did this while phone was turned off. Has worked for 24 hours now.

0 Likes
jgegger

I agree that this solution is not acceptable. Simply push the patch to our phones. In researching this issue on the internet, the problem is with the 2.3.3 OS upgrade. They reversed the light sensor. If it is bright, the backlight turns on. If it is dark, the backlight will not turn on. Simple fix, please just fix it and spare us a trip to the store.

Agree with other posters, going to the verizon store is very painful, and I avoid the store if I possibly can. I find their phone support people to be much more knowledgable and helpful.

0 Likes
detroitjames
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no "Flashing" of your Android device at a VZW store. This was only done with feature phones in the past. The Master Reset option resets the OS to original factory default settings. The only flashing of an Android phone is when the OS is first installed. There are free software applications available online that will allow you to flash your phone if it is rooted, for purposes of installing custom ROMs.

0 Likes