4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
diovino82
Enthusiast - Level 2

A quick Google search shows tons and tons of angry customers without 4G service that just aren't getting answers.  I had to spend 45 minutes on the phone last night, first with a tech rep who thought I should just turn it on and off and remove the LTE sim card, before sending me to someone who knew what he was doing, that essentially did nothing but make me do the same thing, and then tell me he was alerting the "Network Team" -

Still nothing back, still no 4G service, but the worst part?  Not a word from Verizon.  No official announcements, not even on their own discussion forum?  I get if they don't want to look bad for potential new customers but come on, you have how many thousands of people without service now and NO update?  Going on 15+ hours since this started?  That's ridiculous.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
philnamy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the same thing yesterday.... I bet they would alleviate thousands of support calls if they had a place you could check first to see if there were outages reported.  My electric company does!

kjowski

AGREED. I am very frusterated since I jsut got my Xoom and can only use it on WiFi. I am also getting a SIM Card Erro even though I am told my SIM card is fine and activate...WHAT IS GOING ON. why cant they just inform their customers of what is happening so we are not in the dark. I am the point i may just return my Xoom cause what is the point of having it if I cant use it the way I would like.

0 Likes
OzYbOi

This is pretty poor on Verizon's part given their lack of communication.   If you really want to be customer friendly and not tie up all of your support resources, why not be up front about your outage?

Still no 4g in PDX this AM.  Last night the first tech told me (during our 15 min conversation) there were no outages and that my handset was suspect until my issue was escalated and in about 1 min the second tech told me that there were outages.  appears they don't even have a way right now to communicate within their own company so frustrations are compounded by misinformation...

0 Likes
kjowski

That is the general census frusteratin. I still have no 4G or any G on my Xoom at all and have the SIM Card Error. I am going to call them today shortly to see if any more information or help is available. I dont want to keep this if I am going to have these prioblems continue.

0 Likes
tmg-emedia

Can you hear me now?  Not so much!

Not only have there not been any communications, but what the users are being told makes no sense!  Some devices are fine.  Others are dead.  Does this sound like a "network" problem? 

Nope.

We suspect it is a server/software issue. 

Were they hacked?  Did they crash and burn? Any user data compromized?  Who knows! 

The error is one of "authorization."  It is reasonable to assume that the services that match the device with the service are down.  In the office we have identical RAZRs, half are working, half are dead.  

Bottom line is that a communications company has failed misserable in... communications!

They need to come clean now.  With the exact problem.  Impact.  And, anticipated solution and timeline. 

0 Likes
darinb

Since Last night (Dec 6) around 8 PM my 4G/3G fail after about 30 seconds after a restart or airplane-mode toggle. Is this what you are all experiencing?

I've tried soft and hard resets and so forth with no luck.

0 Likes
darinb
0 Likes
MandyB

According to that article, it's only affecting the north eastern coast of the US...

But I'm in Columbia SC and having that exact same issue!

0 Likes
darinb

I'm having it in boston which is also not listed as affected. 

There is some other chatter over at: http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Charge-by-Samsung/Samsung-Droid-Charge-No-4g-or-3g-network-connect...

I have 3g working ok-ish with:

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> System Selection

and switch to CDMA mode

0 Likes