2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2011 2:27 AM by kerouac RSS
      • 1. Re: how do I connect my new Apple iPhone 4s to my Verizon wireless router
        Ratdog1952

You should have an app called "Settings".  When you go into "Settings", you will see "Wi-Fi".  Touch "Wi-Fi" and turn it on.  It should automatically see your wireless router.  Then you can join the network.  It will probably require a password.  I have the Samsung wireless router and the password is located in the battery box, so you have to remove the back cover.

I don't have an iPhone yet, but it should work exactly like the 4th Generation iPod I have.  They come with the same basic features.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: how do I connect my new Apple iPhone 4s to my Verizon wireless router
          kerouac

You should have set a memorable SSID in the router setup, rather than leave it as the default "Netgear" or "Linksys". AT&T U-Verse customers routers all begin "ZWIRE" followed by a three digiti number.

To establish wifi connection you do exactly as the poster above advises.

I also suggest you use some form of encryption, as unsecured wifi networks can allow others to freeload off your bandwidth.