Multiple LG-Revolution Issues!!!!!
imgland

I've had the Revolution since it came out last May and I'm on my third one.  Then over the course of the past few months I've experienced ALL of the problems described above and below in this subject.  Forced closes, phone reboots (periodically shuts down) when I am in the middle of a task, slow/sluggish performance when multi-tasking or even just bringing up the phone app to dial a number.  At times my home screen will be blank and will take forever to reload the widgets and icons. The phone has ran a temp of up to 115 degrees at times. Also, sometimes a call comes in and the screen stays on whatever I'm working on or will go blank with just the notification light on and just vibrate.   I hear the phone ringing but there is no prompt to answer the call and it's not until the call is missed that I can see who's call i missed!!! The phone's lights below the screen will remain illuminated (off charger) or will flash off and on for long periods of time while sitting idle. Last month I exchanged the phone for another one because of these problems at Rancho Bernardo store.  The SAME problems persist.  I've done hard resets, cleared app caches, uninstalled and reinstalled apps. You name it. Most of the time the phone is just unresponsive and I have no choice but to pull the battery. Im at the point now where I'm trying to run a minimal app config to try to determine if there is a specific app that is causing this. It is getting frustrating calling into customer service and having to visit stores for some type of resolution and the only solution is we will overnight you another phone.  I'm and totally dissatisfied with it.  I'd like to transfer into another Android phone if I may.  What would you recommend?

0 Likes
Re: Multiple LG-Revolution Issues!!!!!
leavin22

I have a LG Ally with some of the same problems and more. Been to the store a bunch of times, Called customer support. Can"t get any help from Verizon. Was told at store that I could upgrade at full price or file a insurance claim. I am so mad at Verizon , I can"t wait until my contract run out.

0 Likes
img_land

That is the exact wall I’ve ran into dealing with Verizon. It’s frustrating. My next step is for Verizon to give me a "phone we know that works!" How they determine that who knows. The last two phones they have mailed me have been "certified like new." I would imagine the next step is a brand new one. However I’m not convinced it’s the hardware at this point. I think LG's flavor of the android OS sucks. They have some bunk developers. If I want to opted for a new phone I would have to pay full price like you said. FRUSTRATING!!!!

0 Likes
1Techie

My Revolution has several technical problems as well! 

1. I don't receive all of my text messages (will get "1/2" but not the "2/2" part)
  2. Phone will suddenly reset
  3. Application is slow to initiate when looking-up contacts or checking email

Other problems/feature issues:

1. You can't set the system time to stay certain time (auto adjusts for the time zone you're in)
  2. Forced to use LG-specific apps like Facebook for LG ( the Contacts can't be edited either

I think the Verizon store might have had a sales promo for LG phones for all the sales reps that day because they really pushed the LG Revolution on me.  Good for them for the sales credit.  Bad for me as a customer!

0 Likes