1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2011 3:01 PM by MarquiaF_VZW RSS

    Am i eligible for an upgrade?

    Jakeyboyyyy

      I have quite a few questions actually. I got my contract Early April of 2010. That makes December 2011 my 20th month. Am i eligible to upgrade since this is my 20th month? I was also wondering, The iPhone 4, 8gb is $99 with a 2 year contract. If i used my upgrade, would that make it free, or how much do you think it would cost? And thirdly, Even if i can't upgrade now, i know i'll be able too soon, I was wondering if someone could tell me the best data package to get for a 17 year old, who uses the internet a lot. Thank you for reading!

        • 1. Re: Am i eligible for an upgrade?
          spottedcatfish

          Jakeyboyyyy wrote:

          I have quite a few questions actually. I got my contract Early April of 2010. That makes December 2011 my 20th month.

          Am i eligible to upgrade since this is my 20th month? All lines under a 2 year contract are eligible to upgrade at 20 months.  You can look at your MyVerizon account, or dial #UPG from your phone to confirm the exact date.

          I was also wondering, The iPhone 4, 8gb is $99 with a 2 year contract. If i used my upgrade, would that make it free, or how much do you think it would cost? The phone will cost $99.  The "2 year contract price" IS the discounted price, which you pay for the phone when you sign a new 2 year contract.

          And thirdly, Even if i can't upgrade now, i know i'll be able too soon, I was wondering if someone could tell me the best data package to get for a 17 year old, who uses the internet a lot. 2GB for $30/month unless your parents don't care about money or you contribute to the cost.  Data is expensive, you'd do well to learn to use WiFi and restraint to keep yourself at a reasonable level, like 2GB/month.

          Thank you for reading!


           

          • 2. Re: Am i eligible for an upgrade?
            rcschnoor

            Additionally, currently Verizon is offering double data on some plans, so the $30 will currently get you 4GB/month.

            • 3. Re: Am i eligible for an upgrade?
              penguinseed

              rcschnoor wrote:

              Additionally, currently Verizon is offering double data on some plans, so the $30 will currently get you 4GB/month.


              I believe that is only for 4G phones, so the iPhone 4 would not be eligible for that promotion.

              • 4. Re: Am i eligible for an upgrade?
                rcschnoor
                My mistake
                • 5. Re: Am i eligible for an upgrade?
                  mcvee

                  Be careful if you do your upgrade online. I recently did and they sent me a defective phone. When I called Customer Service they agreed to send me a replacement phone. The original upgrade cost me $32.69 (for a defective phone that I returned) and another $141.69 for the replacement phone they sent. Why more money to replace defective equipment they sent out in the first place? As you can see, it cost me 4 times what they originally sold me a phone for.

                  • 6. Re: Am i eligible for an upgrade?
                    Tidbits

                    mcvee wrote:

                    Be careful if you do your upgrade online. I recently did and they sent me a defective phone. When I called Customer Service they agreed to send me a replacement phone. The original upgrade cost me $32.69 (for a defective phone that I returned) and another $141.69 for the replacement phone they sent. Why more money to replace defective equipment they sent out in the first place? As you can see, it cost me 4 times what they originally sold me a phone for.


                    Can you give the complete story please.  I believe there is some important information you left out.  Did you order online, and then try and take it into a store?
                    There are differences between online and a store.  This goes with ALL carriers.  There is even 3rd party retailers which have their own terms.
                    • 7. Re: Am i eligible for an upgrade?
                      mcvee

                      I purchased online and did not take to the store. The store told me any purchase online had to be handled through customer service. Read more of my comments under WATCH OUT FOR THIS SCAM under upgrades and returns.

                      • 8. Re: Am i eligible for an upgrade?
                        Tidbits
                        That's correct and ALL carriers do the same. Even the pricing is different as well as shipping. They have different stock as well. It's not a scam at all.
                        • 9. Re: Am i eligible for an upgrade?
                          mcvee

                          Maybe scam was too harsh a word. My lawyer says FRAUD is the correct term. Selling me a DEFECTIVE phone for a small price and instead of replacing it with a WORKING phone at no cost, charging me over 4 times my original cost to send me a working phone.

                           

                          I didnt use different carriers, or stores or any of the excuses you want to offer. Bought it on Verizonwireless.com and used their customer service to try to remedy the problem.

                          1 2 Previous Next