samsung convoy 2 butt texting
dixiedog

I keep butt texting "in a meeting".  Anyone know how to lock the three keys on the face? I don't mind having to enter a security code once I open the phone, but don't want to go through numerous menu options to get there each time.  Samsungs's tech support couldn't come up with a solution. I'm three seconds away from super gluing the keys! My frends would appreciate any fixes. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: samsung convoy 2 butt texting
mcvee

You are not butt texting. My Convoy started doing this immediately when I got it. The tech told me it must be a software glitch and he could not fix it. Through trial-and-error I figured out how my phone did this. Whoever was the last person to send me a text, if I did not delete this incoming text, would get the "In a meeting" text from me. Sometimes this would happen immediately, sometimes it might be the next day (or night, my phone sent it to one friend about 20 times at about 3 a.m. when the phone was sitting on my nightstand while I was asleep). The "In a meeting" text is one of the phones pre-programmed quick texts. It is number one on the list. The first thing I had to do was change my first quick text to something like "Please ignore this text, my phone sends this sometimes by itself". The next thing I did was start deleting all my incoming texts. This is a pain, because sometimes you get a text that you need to save. After time, it seems that my phone has now stopped doing this. I can only assume they finally fixed the software problem.

0 Likes
Not applicable

dixiedog,

I'm glad to let you know that there was a software release recently to address this concern and makes other enhancements. You can download free of charge using the steps here.  Please advise that the software update was successful.

Thank you!

0 Likes
tal3929

I tried doing an update following you instructions my software version still shows EG02.  I was told that the newest version is EH01.

0 Likes
flhtcuon3

I tried doing an update following your instructions and my software version still shows EG02.  I am desperate for a solution and so is my boss.

0 Likes
gwen17

My husband's phone also has this problem, and the solution you proposed did not work for him -- it says the upgrade worked, but it's still showing EG02. The "in a meeting" texts are unbelievably annoying and he's spent months trying to figure out what he's doing wrong, only to discover that it's a known issue in the phone. Verizon needs to fix this problem immediately, or Sprint will soon be getting our business.

0 Likes
flhtcuon3

I do not understand how the Verizon Wireless Community site operates. If you find a solution please reply = I will do the same.

0 Likes
NRJank
Enthusiast - Level 3

I find it interesting that this was supposedly fixed. However, I have the latest software update according to my phone (S/W V. U660.EH01) and this happened about a week ago. I don't have a texting plan, so the four messages (two sent from me, two received by my wife) cost me a buck. Quite an annoyance.  I changed the first message to an apology as mcvee said, but it still happens. how exactly is a software update supposed to keep me from accidentally repeatedly pushing a front button on the phone?

I noticed you can erase the quick reply messages.  I don't see myself using them. If I erase all of them will the problem go away? Or will the phone just do something else f the same button keeps getting pushed?   

0 Likes
Jimmyfish

I figured out the sequence that causes the "Quick Text" message to be sent to the person you last sent/received a message from. This is typically the "In a meeting" message since it is the first in the quick text list. After you close the clam shell and before the external keys lock, press the Menu button (Play/Pause) ~6 times in a row. This sequence leads the phone down the garden path to send the first quick text to the last message sent/received. I was able to prevent the sequence from completing by erasing all of the quick text entries. At the 4th pressing of the button the display shows "No quick text" and goes no further. If you want to keep your "Quick texts" and avoid the butt message, then set the external key lock to 7 seconds (this is the smallest value available) and wait the 7 seconds for the external keys to lock.

0 Likes
swp

I had also figured out the sequence.  It turns out that locking the external keys doesn't fix the problem.  The right key on the cover, if held down, will unlock the keys and the auto texting will occur.  I have had the "7 seconds" set on my phone since I got it and have continued to send unintended "Quick Text" messages.  My local Verizon store has no solution so if I can erase the quick text entries and avoid this, I am going to do it.

0 Likes