samsung gusto prepaid
foosball

my phone keeps turning itself off. why? how can I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: samsung gusto prepaid
Ginsberg
Contributor - Level 2
you can try to *228 it , remove battery . if that doesn't work most likely device issue store or return if within 14 day period , or manufacture warrenty if applies . also could contact customer service 1-888-294-6804
0 Likes
foosball

not sure what *228 means?

0 Likes
Ginsberg
Contributor - Level 2
*228 is programming for all vzw devices, it makes it that your phone is programmed correctly also updates your tower hits that you hit the towers nearest to you . i make sure to do mine once a month and twice when traveling .
0 Likes
foosball

I enter it. nothing happens. shows up on the screen.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Ginsberg for your response and suggestions. I appreciate your help and the time you take to help out our fellow community members.

@foosball,

Have the battery contacts been inspected for damage or debris? Does the issue occur when the device is being held or when the device is on a flat surface? Are you using the original battery that came with the phone, or a third-party battery you purchased elsewhere?

The battery may somehow become loose over time and the vibration from the lid closing or handling of the phone is causing friction which shuts the phone off.  Have you tried a different battery?

Please post back if you are still having this issue and I'll be happy to continue troubleshooting.

0 Likes
picpokt70

i got a samsung gusto prepaid. i ol'lady decided to wash it in laundry. we didnt realize until load was done. we put it in rice for bout 1.5 days. turned on but volume low. and only works for bout 8 hours or so then shuts down and vibrates until it decides to work again (sometimes 30 minutes, sometimes 8-10 hours or so). do you have any sugestions

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

After going through an entire wash/rinse/spin I'm amazed it works at all!!  Suggestion - go get another pre-paid and activate it on your current account.  Your current one will likely never work right again.

0 Likes