9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 9:21 PM by ALL RSS

How long does it take VW to process an online phone upgrade order?

ALL

Not sarcastic; a truly genuine question...

I don't know if I should be concerned.  I could find no details on my order on 'My Verizon'.  I have an email confirmation of the order, but when I click check status, it still says: "Order is being processed; no details available; check back again tomorrow".  I ordered the phone the morning of the 24th.  Every store has this phone, and there was no indication of backorder. 

How long can I expect VW to take to process the order?

It is supposed to ship Fed-Ex 2 day (signature required).  I need to know when it is going to ship so that some one can be home to sign for it.

• 1. Re: How long does it take VW to process an online phone upgrade order?
          spottedcatfish

You should get an e-mail when the phone has been shipped with a tracking number.  If it doesn't show up by tomorrow (or at least your order details) then I would call Verizon to make sure the order was placed properly and is being processed.

• 2. Re: How long does it take VW to process an online phone upgrade order?
            ALL

spottedcatfish wrote:

You should get an e-mail when the phone has been shipped with a tracking number.  If it doesn't show up by tomorrow (or at least your order details) then I would call Verizon to make sure the order was placed properly and is being processed.

The problem is; I was told that yesterday when I spoke to a rep on the phone.

I guess my question is more of a procedural question: 

Is there a time limit the internet sales team has to respond to a new order for an upgrade? 

I feel like I should be getting a discount each day the sales team fails to acknowledge my order. 

How long can VW sit on this? 

I know the device is available (Bionic).

I would hope that when they do get around to processing my order, they would upgrade my shipping to overnight instead of 2 day, but I am not holding my breath.

What kind of automated response is this?:

Order Date:   11/24/2011   Order Number:   XXXXXX   Order Status:   Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.   Tracking Number(s):

I think VW should try something like this: 

Thank you for you order.  Your order for ____ is very important to us.  You order will be processed as soon as possible, but no longer than  _____ days.  We will send an email when your item has shipped or feel free to check back here.  If it has been longer than ____ days since you placed you order, please feel free to contact Verizon Wireless internet sales team at 1-800-_____ .  We thank you for your patience and thank you for being a loyal customer.

Maybe its just me, but that message would make me less annoyed than the automated response I received.

• 3. Re: How long does it take VW to process an online phone upgrade order?
              spottedcatfish

ALL wrote:

spottedcatfish wrote:

The problem is; I was told that yesterday when I spoke to a rep on the phone.

I guess my question is more of a procedural question: 

Is there a time limit the internet sales team has to respond to a new order for an upgrade? Generally they try to process orders the same business day if placed before 4:30pm or the next business day if after that.  Of course, its possible for a computer hiccup or a need for additional information from you to cause delays, and then there's all the usual "stuff happens" so there's no firm time limit.

I feel like I should be getting a discount each day the sales team fails to acknowledge my order.  You can feel that way, but Verizon doesn't offer one, and neither do most other online retailers.  

How long can VW sit on this?  If your order gets misplaced or messed up somehow, it can get lost in no man's land.  That's why its a good idea to follow up with a phone call if you don't get more details from the online status check.  For example, I've read posts where people needed to provide additional info, or accept their new contract, but for whatever reason the request didn't get to them (probably a computer error), and that delayed their order until they called in to see what was up.

I know the device is available (Bionic). Are you sure?  Just because it's in stock at most stores doesn't mean that stock is prepared for shipment from the warehouse(s) that process internet orders.  Chances are it IS in stock, but sometimes delays happen.

I would hope that when they do get around to processing my order, they would upgrade my shipping to overnight instead of 2 day, but I am not holding my breath. I wouldn't either, I've never heard of this happening.

What kind of automated response is this?:

Order Date:   11/24/2011   Order Number:   XXXXXX   Order Status:   Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.   Tracking Number(s):

I think VW should try something like this: 

Thank you for you order.  Your order for ____ is very important to us.  You order will be processed as soon as possible, but no longer than  _____ days.  We will send an email when your item has shipped or feel free to check back here.  If it has been longer than ____ days since you placed you order, please feel free to contact Verizon Wireless internet sales team at 1-800-_____ .  We thank you for your patience and thank you for being a loyal customer.

Maybe its just me, but that message would make me less annoyed than the automated response I received.

Maybe it's just me, but its a phone.  It'll probably get to you less than 3-4 days after you place the order, which is pretty phenomenal, when you consider the process for ordering something directly from a company via mail just 10-12 years ago, which often relied on telephones, paper catalogs, and 7-10 day shipping with 3-5 days processing.  It's also very normal if you compare it to most other online shopping experiences, name a site, and I'll gaurentee you that they've had unexpected issues or delays with orders at least once or twice.

If you don't get more detail or a tracking number, call in and see what's up.  The rep on the phone should be able to track down the issue, resolve it if it needs resolving, or at least reassure you that everything is in order and the phone will be on its way to you asap.

• 4. Re: How long does it take VW to process an online phone upgrade order?
                lewisr13

Ordered on the 24th(that was a Holiday) shipped on the 25th(Friday) will be delivered on 29th(2 business days later). You can leave a note, signed and dated, for the Fed Ex guy taped to your door and they will leave the phone. Assuming it's safe to do so, I don't know where you live.

• 5. Re: How long does it take VW to process an online phone upgrade order?
                  ALL

Funny.  That would be great except that it is the 29th already and there is no indication that they have even looked at my order yet.

The reason why I hit these message boards, is because I did do what was suggested prior to posting on these boards. 

I did call a rep, but he had no further information about my order except that they may be experiencing a higher than normal volume of orders due to the holiday season. Check back tomorrow.  And the next day, check back tomorrow.

I also sent an email to the address provided with my purchase confirmation email (internet sales team), but no reply there either.  "If you have questions about your order, please contact......."

I know it is just a phone, but you would think that a company the size of Verizon would have this processing orders thing down to a science.  Having customers who have already paid and are stuck in "no man's land"  does not sound like an acceptable procedure to me.

I also disagree about other online retailers.  I often receive "order received, order sent to fulfillment, expected ship date, expected arrival date." emails from other retailers.

Trying not to be rude, as I appreciate all the comments given to me, but comparing the way things are now with the way they used to be, is ridiculous and carries no value.  There is always room for improvement, and if Verizon as a company is to be satisfied with a 'look how far we have come; no need to try anymore" attitude,  it is a death sentence in today's market. 

Thanks for all your help, and I will probably call a rep on the phone again today to see what's up. I'll keep you posted.

• 6. Re: How long does it take VW to process an online phone upgrade order?
                    lewisr13

Has your credit card/account been charged?  I've had this happen(no follow up emails) before and it has always shown up on the expected day(today).

• 7. Re: How long does it take VW to process an online phone upgrade order?
                      ALL

SO....I contacted a a rep again today.

Unfortunately 's prediction of my receiving the phone today will not be correct.

The order still had not been processed yet. 

They were not waiting on agreements for me or anything I needed to do.  As I said before, I had received an order confirmation email.

The only thing that needed to happen was somebody from VW needed to process the order.  He said they were just behind on their orders.  Phone was in stock. 

He was kind enough to push my order through so that it will ship out today and I will receive it in 2 days.

Just beware to all others out there, if you are going to order a phone for a gift this holiday season, best to do it early so that you get it in time.  Don't know how long this would have taken, on a natural course, had I not called twice to get the order pushed through.

• 8. Re: How long does it take VW to process an online phone upgrade order?
                        JOKer2

I ordered the Motorola Xoom 4G LTE close to midnight on Thanksgiving Day (Black Friday offer).  I received the confirmation number, but no tracking number.  I have the same message when checking order status: (In processing, check again tomorrow).  Yesterday I called the Internet Order department and found out the item is currently out of stock, but will ship when available.  They sent me an email regarding my order.

• 9. Re: How long does it take VW to process an online phone upgrade order?
                          ALL

JOKer2 wrote:

I ordered the Motorola Xoom 4G LTE close to midnight on Thanksgiving Day (Black Friday offer).  I received the confirmation number, but no tracking number.  I have the same message when checking order status: (In processing, check again tomorrow).  Yesterday I called the Internet Order department and found out the item is currently out of stock, but will ship when available.  They sent me an email regarding my order.

Glad to see I am not alone.  Why can't Verizon do better to notify it's customers when an order is placed or while placing an order?  Did they not know that they only had X number of Xooms available and when X=0 notify remaining customers that the item is on backorder?

Kind of ironic that communication is an issue for a company who sells communication equipment.