1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2014 5:34 AM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

Can't connect to internet through my HTC Trophy unless on wifi

KnightCheckmate

I am unable to have get internet access on my phone unless I'm on wifi.

I have the HTC Trophy and unlimited data.

I can't find anything in the settings to change or fix.

Can someone help me?

• 1. Re: Can't connect to internet through my HTC Trophy unless on wifi
          ChristinaB_VZW

Hi KnightCheckmate,

I have checked some of the settings in the HTC Trophy and I would like you to try the following:

Settings

WiFi-turn it off (at least temporarily for the troubleshooting)

Settings

Cellular

Data Connection-make sure it's turned on. 

After following these steps, please try again to access the internet and post back with your results. 

I hope these steps help you and other users of this device. 

Thanks and have a good day!

• 2. Re: Can't connect to internet through my HTC Trophy unless on wifi
            moe0125

We are experiencing the same problem.  We tried this trouble shooting and it did not work

• 3. Re: Can't connect to internet through my HTC Trophy unless on wifi
              ArnettH_VZW

Hello moe0125,

Thank for you trying the troubleshooting steps that my co-worker, ChristinaB, provided. We are dedicated to get your internet access working for you today! May I ask are you able to make and receive calls on your Trophy? Also, how many bars of signal do you have? May I have you try the steps below to restore the data connection.

• Verify that wifi and bluetooth is turned off in Settings.
              • Remove any 3rd party apps that manages data connections and uninstall ant 3rd party task killers.
              • Do a battery pull while the device is on, wait 30 seconds, then reinsert the battery and turn the device on,
              • Update the roaming by calling *228 send and select option 2.
              • Attempt an internet connection without wifi. (Note any error message if presented)
              • Perform a factory reset on the device. (See link below)

http://support.http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=40853verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=40853

Keep in mind that the hard reset does erase all personal information from the device. It is recommended to archive all contacts and calendar entries prior to completing the reset. Once you have completed the reset, the device will need to be reactivated. Simply, call *228 send on the device and select option 1 for programming. Once the device has been successfully programmed, please test your voice and data services. If you are still having issues connecting to the

internet without the use of wifi then please reply to this message with your findings.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

• 4. Re: Can't connect to internet through my HTC Trophy unless on wifi
                marcied

I have had this problem twice in the last 3 months both times after returning from Europe.  I had data turned off while there.  In October I worked extensively with Verizon support and ended up having to reset my phone.  I was hoping there has been a fix in the interim as I travel internationally once a quarter and don't want to reset my phone after each trip.

• 5. Re: Can't connect to internet through my HTC Trophy unless on wifi
                  cwhitman8

I am having the same issue.  Everytime I go abroad when I get back the 3G no longer works.  Hard reseting the phone is not a fix.

• 6. Re: Can't connect to internet through my HTC Trophy unless on wifi
                    cdowling

Just got back from Ireland - first time since getting my Trophy phone and like th rest of you I can't log onto the internet unless I'm on wifi. Tried the *228 option 2 and was unsuccessful. Has anyone found another solution other than factory reset? Do I lose my pictures when I do that? I'm synched with work email - concerned about losing all my old emails as well....

• 7. Re: Can't connect to internet through my HTC Trophy unless on wifi
                      Snata

I am experiencing the same problem. Performing a factory reset whenever I return from Europe is not an option. I would rather get a different phone that actually works with a different carrier. Do you have any other suggestions to make the data connection work?

• 8. Re: Can't connect to internet through my HTC Trophy unless on wifi
                        Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Snata, I agree that you shouldn't have to hard reset everytime you travel. This is why several other troubleshooting steps were recommended first. Try also switching your phone from Global to CDMA only. Go to Settings, Cellular, Mode selection. I have a Trophy on my business line as well and have not experienced this issue after traveling. I recommend completing the other basic troubleshooting steps we mentioned first. The hard reset would be the last step and should not be needed each time you travel. Are you currently experiencing issues with accessing internet?

MarquiaF_VZW
                        Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

• 9. Re: Can't connect to internet through my HTC Trophy unless on wifi
                          chevy_4x4_grl

Extremely aggravating for me, as well.  I expect more from Verizon.  I'm on the HTC Trophy, I can't access the web, nor send or receive MMS.  I have spoken with tech support...no one seems to be able to help me.  I am stuck paying for services that I do not receive.  I wonder if they would accept less payment since I get less service??

1 2 Previous Next