Photos Automatically Deleting / Disappearing!
Melly628

I've had my Motorola Droid Razr for a few days now, snapped about 45 pictures.  They appeared in the gallery and camera roll, then after a day or so, they all disappeared.  After trying to take new pictures, they would be saved as a blurry mess, then immediately be "un-viewable." Is there something I'm doing that needs to change, or is this a common issue with other Droid Razr users.  Considering returning this POS if this is a sign of things to come (i.e. what if I had hundreds or thousands of media (photos and videos) that all of a sudden just "disappeared"?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Photos Automatically Deleting / Disappearing!
Not applicable

Hi Melly628:

Let's get to the bottom of your issue regarding your camera pictures! Blurry pictures can be be caused by a dirty camera lens or a case that covers the camera lens.  Ensure your lens is not obstructed or dirty.  Ensure Auto-Focus is enable in Camera> Menu Key> Settings. From my experience, when pictures are working just fine and all of a sudden stop working or are no longer viewable, they are still on the card.  What I would recommend doing is plugging in your phone to your PC, and enabling mass storage mode. Explore the files on your phone like you would any jump drive/mass storage device and see if the pictures are still on there.  If they are, copy those picture onto your PC to back them up along with any other data you may need from your SD card. Once you back the info up, and you are certain that they are on your PC, we'll reformat the SD card to your RAZR.  Disconnect your RAZR from the PC and go to Settings> Storage> Unmount SD card> Format SD card. This will erase all data on the SD card. 

Next, I recommend removing all camera applications that you may have downloaded from the Market (if applicable).  Then open Setting> Applications> Manage Applications> All> Camera> Clear Data/Clear Cache/Clear Defaults/Force Stop (clear whatever you can).  Retest the camera by trying to snap a few shots.  If they save and are clear, the issue is resolved. 

If all of this fails, the last step would be a master reset (Settings> Privacy> Factory Data Reset). This does erase everything from the device, so please ensure all info is backed up prior to completing.

Please give this a shot, and reply with your results. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: Photos Automatically Deleting / Disappearing!
jeffc73
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue on my HTC rezound... I contacted HTC support and they say it is a problem with google and the Picasa interface.. even though you can have the picasa albums disabled for uploads it still affects it. the files/pics are still in your phone. HTC told me just to use an alternative gallery app like qikpic or whatever you find in the Market. I am surprised Google has not fixed it yet I have had this problem since I bought my original Moto Droid 2 years ago. Hopefully they fixed it in ICS 4.0  HTC also says that it will affect all android phones no matter who makes it.

0 Likes