Manual update to 4.08.605.2
lkritter24

Does anyone know how I can manually get the software update 4.08.605.2 on my HTC Incredible?  Will this update fix the syncing problem and low storage issue caused by 4.06.605.3?

0 Likes
Re: Manual update to 4.08.605.2
Wildman
Legend

There is a numbers of find this software but you can not discuss it here because its against the rules, my suggestion is to google the subject and see what you find...  It shouldnt be hard to find what you want..

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Manual update to 4.08.605.2
chbherrin
Enthusiast - Level 1

First I set the date and time manually to 11/23/11 and the time to 12:23 pm. You can then go to the check for updated screen and see if your download has been queued. You may need to pop in and out a couple of times before you see the download running.

From here you may get a successful download and be done (good luck). If you are like me you will then get hung on the reboot process that installs the update. If so go through the below process to clear the cache partition.
1.Boot into recovery
   1a.Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option (you may need to power down and restart depending on the OS version)
   2a.When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down
2.When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
3.Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
4.When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
5.Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
6.Select "Reboot system now"
You will then need to reset your clock to the above in order to re-queue the download. If the process errors in any way you will need to start over with clearing out the cache partition. It is a tedious and ridiculous process that I had to do several times for each phone, but I was finally successful in the end.
0 Likes