1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2011 9:48 PM by vereyezuhn RSS

Buy 1 phone get 1 free

Alaynea35

My phone and my husband's phone are both up for upgrades. My question is...

Can we both get different phones that come with buy 1 get 1 free?

We do not want the same phone but our children (grown)

and on their own could use the other phones we get.  Also Verizon customers.

• 1. Re: Buy 1 phone get 1 free
          DontRegister

only NEW customers

• 2. Re: Buy 1 phone get 1 free
            lewisr13

All of the buy one get one deals I've seen from Verizon are for the same phone. And you do not need to be a new customer, just both eligible for upgrade. Only my experience.

• 3. Re: Buy 1 phone get 1 free
              mdram4x4

Alaynea35 wrote:

the best way to attempt this is via phone with cs

i have done it in the past

you pay for the higher priced of the 2 phones

it depends on your history with vzw

you can only get phone for eligable lines on your account

ex: you have 2 lines the phone a and phone b are b1g1

they may give you 1 phone a and 1 phone b

what you cannot do is get 2 phone a and 2 phone b and give 1 of each to someone on another account

• 4. Re: Buy 1 phone get 1 free
                rcschnoor

Alaynea35 wrote:

Are your children on your account, or do they have their own accounts?

If they are on your account, are they eligible for an upgrade?

The way Verizon's Buy One Get One Free promotion works, is that both of the phones you get have to be activated on a new 2yr contract on your account. If you do not have 2 lines eligible for upgrade at the time of purchase, you MAY add a new line of service to your Family Plan with a new 2yr contract to qualify.

• 5. Re: Buy 1 phone get 1 free
                  DontRegister

lewisr13 wrote:

All of the buy one get one deals I've seen from Verizon are for the same phone. And you do not need to be a new customer, just both eligible for upgrade. Only my experience.

when was the last time you did it?

both being eligible isnt free...

If only one line is eligible you will NOT get 2 phones.

buy on get one free is only for NEW customers... it encourages a person wanting a phone to get 2 lines by giving them a FREE phone.

• 6. Re: Buy 1 phone get 1 free
                    lewisr13

DontRegister wrote:

lewisr13 wrote:

buy on get one free is only for NEW customers... it encourages a person wanting a phone to get 2 lines by giving them a FREE phone.

Feb. 2011 bought intensity II for $29.99, got one free. I had 2 lines that were eligible for upgrade, not new lines.

• 7. Re: Buy 1 phone get 1 free
                      mdram4x4

lewisr13 wrote:

DontRegister wrote:

lewisr13 wrote:

Feb. 2011 bought intensity II for $29.99, got one free. I had 2 lines that were eligible for upgrade, not new lines.

based on that you are not eligable now

• 8. Re: Buy 1 phone get 1 free
                        lewisr13

mdram4x4 wrote:

lewisr13 wrote:

DontRegister wrote:

lewisr13 wrote:

based on that you are not eligable now

Correct, but I'm not looking for the deal just sharing my experience.

• 9. Re: Buy 1 phone get 1 free
                          lewisr13

DontRegister wrote:

lewisr13 wrote:

? both being eligible means I bought one and got one free.

1 2 Previous Next