Bionic touchscreen issues galore!!!
cellgeek

I've been trying for the last couple of days to figure out why my phone keeps acting on it's own, i.e. the touchscreen acting bizarre(while unplugged).  I tried a few things to fix it but no go, and just a little while ago i stopped messing with it and shut it off in order to deal with it in the morning.  My phone was TURNED OFF...and a few minutes later the phone started up again on it's own.  There is a serious problem with this phone(disappointed) so before I do a hard reset and lose all my stuff(I can't even sync my google stuff right now), does anyone have any suggestions or tips on another fix or solution?  If I have to return this phone, it will be the first time I've ever had to do that and it'll be frustrating.  Thanks for any and all help.

0 Likes
Re: Bionic touchscreen issues galore!!!
Utah_patriot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you using the original charging cable it came with ?

0 Likes
cellgeek

that was something i had considered too.  i am using the included charger, and i did notice last night after i finished charging the phone, the plug adapter felt warm.  i didn't consider the fact that this could be the problem because i don't use the phone while it's plugged in.

0 Likes
Utah_patriot
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's a known issue mostly due to using the previous phones charger.

For some reason the Original cable and charger work the best.

Hope this works for you

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

The OP has already said that this occurs while the phone is unplugged...so that "crazy screen while charging" issue isn't relevant.

0 Likes
panzer1

The recharger for my droid is rated at 850 ma.  On one occasion I did use the recharger for my previous phone not knowing it was 700 ma.  It did not seem to cause any problems.  Maybe because it was less ma not more.

However I don't intend to use that charger anymore now that I know its a different rating.

0 Likes
cellgeek

Not quite sure what you mean here, but I am using the original charger that came with my droid bionic.  If you're talking about a previous versions, say from my first generation droid, i don't have it anymore.  Understand too, that this issue of mine isn't occuring when the phone is plugged in.  these problems are occurring when i'm trying to use the phone while it's unplugged.  I'll be calling Motorola today and see if they have a fix for it.  thanks for the posts.

0 Likes
twobits

Good luck to you. I'm on my 3rd bionic and am very disappointed with this phone. All kinds of issues with this phone, no internet connectivity, touch keyboard not working, runaway data usage (1.5 gigs in 4 days for no apparent reason), very poor battery life, the first one had a very poor camera, and on and on. I paid 300 dollars for a new phone and now they keep sending me refurbished units with more problems. I would not recommend this phone.

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

twobits wrote:

Good luck to you. I'm on my 3rd bionic and am very disappointed with this phone. All kinds of issues with this phone, no internet connectivity, touch keyboard not working, runaway data usage (1.5 gigs in 4 days for no apparent reason), very poor battery life, the first one had a very poor camera, and on and on. I paid 300 dollars for a new phone and now they keep sending me refurbished units with more problems. I would not recommend this phone.

I still have my original lemon Bionic. Like you, I am very disappointed, and not with just the phone but with the response from Verizon and Moto..who say 'we will fix this some day but please keep paying". I don't want to start getting refurbs. However, the odd thing is that some people do not seem to be having any problems, so there must be a Bionic out there somewhere that works, maybe by the 4th or 5th refurb, you will get one. I don't know what else to do, I have complained to this brick wall till I am tired.

Joey

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

FWIW:  I've had problems only intermittently with my Bionic in the 6 weeks that I've had it:

• It's lost the data connection a number of times, but less often than once per day.  There is no 4G in my area, so I have mine set for "CDMA Only", so I can't test any issues with 3G-to-4G data.
  • I've had a BSOD twice since I've had it.

While I don't like the problems that it has occasionally, I'm overall very happy with it.

0 Likes