4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 9:54 AM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

LG Cosmos Touch Black Screen Issue

rct3fan0

Okay I own an LG Cosmos Touch, after a month of use it's just been a bit glitchy but didn't have many problems. I have dropped it a few times, but nothing serious, minor scratches, never broke physically. Then about 2 - 3 weeks ago, it just, sort of started to not work. It turns on, I still receive texts and calls, but THE ONLY ISSUE is the screen, it's just black. It's like lit black. When I turn it on, instead of showing the verizon wireless logo, it's just a bright black screen, I can't see any GUI, all I get is a blank black screen. I don't know why. I don't want to lose any of my info. My photos, my sound files, ringtones, saved messages, notes, etc... please help me asap? It would be much appreciated and I would gladly write a good review if I receive good help. Thank you very much!

I also tried taking out the battery multiple times, charged it, etc... please please help!

~ Proud Verizon User

• 1. Re: LG Cosmos Touch Black Screen Issue
          rajapet

My daughter's Cosmos Touch just started doing this today.  Turn it on and the Verizon animation is scrambled and then the screen goes black.  All of the buttons light up, just not the screen.  I have tried taking the battery out and waiting a few minutes, but that has no affect.  Is there a fix for this?

• 2. Re: LG Cosmos Touch Black Screen Issue
            Miss.D

I had the same problem with my LG Cosmos Touch. I recently went to the Verizon Store and I had to replace it. The problem? The light bulbs behind the screen burned out, hence the reason why it's still on but you can't see anything. Apparently, if you hold a really bright flash light up to the screen, you can see all of the GUI. There is no way to fix it other than replace your phone.

• 3. Re: LG Cosmos Touch Black Screen Issue
              knightninja96

This has happened to me two times in the past year! Both times it happened, I threw my phone on the ground in frustration, and it turned back on. BOTH TIMES. So if you are desperate and don't want to get a new phone or a new screen, I guess you could try this!

• 4. Re: LG Cosmos Touch Black Screen Issue
                Verizon Wireless Customer Support

While I don't suggest throwing the phone onto the ground, it sounds like everyone has tried the things I would suggest when a screen goes blank for any device. Making sure the phone has fully charged, pulling the battery to reboot the device, and making sure there's been no damage that would voice the warranty are all great starts to resolving a blank screen. If all else fails, definitely reach out to us for replacement options.

Thank you
                JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport