1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2011 11:34 PM by metal82a RSS

Super Suspicious Email to us Posters

Neander

I received a suspicious Email  from:

"verizonwireless@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com" <verizonwireless@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com>

that came with a pop-up asking for UserName & Password.   It referenced some postings I read & replied to on these forums (Easily accessed public knowledge, that some might think is privileged information  - It's Not, anybody can get it)

Also the sleaze bags that operate fishing sites have addresses that start out with reputable company names - "BankofAmerica", "Chase",  "verizonwireless", etc.. You can call yourself anything,   but the DOT COM at the end could be anybody from Nigeria.

Another rule-of-thumb is NEVER sign on to a site from an email.  If you're getting an alert,  open another browser window and go to your account directly.

I pay my Verizon bill online.  I don't know if accessing my Verizon account could get them anything,   but this is a heads-up for everybody out there.

P.S.  who's   H-ttps://amstage.verizonwireless.com    If this email is realy coming from Verizon somebody needs to be fired.

1 2 Previous Next