What is the Best Basic Phone?
leopard23

I am do for an upgrade and want to make a good decision on the best free or low cost basic phone, I will not be getting a data package as I just go online at home. Are there any phones out there that you can access WIFI and browse the net that are not smart phones?

I looked at the Pantech Crux, looks great but have heard too many problems and not sure if the double text has been resolved or not. I have a Motorola V750 that is old school but works pretty well for basic needs, old style flip phone and durable but just want to get something more sleek and modern. What is the best basic phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is the Best Basic Phone?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

leopard23 wrote:

I am do for an upgrade and want to make a good decision on the best free or low cost basic phone, I will not be getting a data package as I just go online at home. Are there any phones out there that you can access WIFI and browse the net that are not smart phones?  The Kin (if you can find it possibly on eBay or through a private party) allowed you to use wi-fi without a data plan.  None of the currently available phones on Verizon offer wi fi without a data plan that I am aware of.

I looked at the Pantech Crux, looks great but have heard too many problems and not sure if the double text has been resolved or not. I have a Motorola V750 that is old school but works pretty well for basic needs, old style flip phone and durable but just want to get something more sleek and modern. What is the best basic phone?  "Best" is so very subjective.... my advice is to find the phone(s) that has the features that are most important to you, read all the reviews you can, keeping in mind how YOU will use the phone, then go to a store with working demo models that you can actually handle  and send a text or make a call on to see how it "feels" when you are using it.

Only you can define "best" - what works for me may drive you nuts and vice versa.  Keep that in mind when reading reviews too; if someone downgrades a phone because of some feature that I would never use, it probably won't affect me....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What is the Best Basic Phone?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

leopard23 wrote:

I am do for an upgrade and want to make a good decision on the best free or low cost basic phone, I will not be getting a data package as I just go online at home. Are there any phones out there that you can access WIFI and browse the net that are not smart phones?  The Kin (if you can find it possibly on eBay or through a private party) allowed you to use wi-fi without a data plan.  None of the currently available phones on Verizon offer wi fi without a data plan that I am aware of.

I looked at the Pantech Crux, looks great but have heard too many problems and not sure if the double text has been resolved or not. I have a Motorola V750 that is old school but works pretty well for basic needs, old style flip phone and durable but just want to get something more sleek and modern. What is the best basic phone?  "Best" is so very subjective.... my advice is to find the phone(s) that has the features that are most important to you, read all the reviews you can, keeping in mind how YOU will use the phone, then go to a store with working demo models that you can actually handle  and send a text or make a call on to see how it "feels" when you are using it.

Only you can define "best" - what works for me may drive you nuts and vice versa.  Keep that in mind when reading reviews too; if someone downgrades a phone because of some feature that I would never use, it probably won't affect me....

0 Likes